Pokemon X & Y

Nintendo's latest portable console.
It's not colors, or metals, or gems; it's letters (or maybe chromosomes). They're coming out in October.

Continuing in the recent tradition of art styles that look like ass, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

New stuff starts at 6:41

album http://imgur.com/a/z7t75#0

one day a pokemon game will release and i wont buy it. not this time

Warp's Take So Far:
New names: Acceptable
New graphics: Quite Like
New gameplay added: No (Also, get rid of those stupid footprints on the ground where you go to grab a vine. Srsly.)
New Pokemon: Dislike (Just give me up through the GBA titles and a few of the legendaries and I'll be happy)
Making it feel like a true Pokemon World: Still fails to achieve that which was accomplished in the first Pokemon Ranger. Disappoint.
Will buy: Tentative yes. Still need to get White 2, though. And possibly Pokemon Conquest.

i like the art style
reminds me of golden sun (the new one)
new starter pokemon look kinda cool to me (i want de fox)
hopefully they only do a couple new pokemon and spend time to really make them all cool and interesting
trainer customization maybe?

it doesn't matter how bad it is I'm still gonna buy it whether I like it or not

I really hope there's trainer customization. For too long there's been only one or two preset possibilities.

The art reminded me a little more of the Dragon Quest games, but Golden Sun is also a possibility.

I'd go with Chespin or Fennekin as my starter. Still, give me a Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur any day of the week. I loved the G1 starters.

Well since it's an even-numbered generation, I don't think they'll add tons of new pokemon. I'm worried about the camera angles not showing nearly as much of the area as the top-down view does

I saw the retweet from Nintendo about this earlier from the Pokemon Twitter feed, and I was quite surprised at the letters. What happened to Teal and Maroon or Turquoise and Magenta? Still plenty of combos.

Nope, still haven't finished Sapphire.

Ray wrote:Well since it's an even-numbered generation, I don't think they'll add tons of new pokemon. I'm worried about the camera angles not showing nearly as much of the area as the top-down view does
True, but on the already-small 3DS screen with perspective factored in, if you're trying to show a lot of area at once, your protagonist appears itty-bitty.

Gold, Silver, Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald are all colors... and precious gems and metals. Crystal is sort of in its own boat.

Hooray for pronounceable names! >.>

At least they look pretty cool

Someone hack it into an FPS

uh I must be behind on news because, for me, this was out of nowhere but I don't like the starters at all. A water frog? Um.. Squirtle? Remember him Nintendo / Game freak? A fire fox? Fire fox! Vulpex maybe? Haha oh well I like the art style except for aforementioned frog (S. Frog, AC!) having a dick and balls on his head, the stylized cell shaded stuff is nice and won't age badly.

That scene with Xerneas or whatever looks right out of Princess Mononoke / Mononoke-hime. Weird.

Pokémon fans asked The Pokemon Company how to pronounce the two, new Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y – Xerneas and Yveltal. According to the company, the English phonetic spellings for the new legendary Pokémon are Xerneas: ZURR-nee-us and Yveltal: ee-VELL-tall.
Now we know.

Then I'll get X

I'll just give it a stupid nickname, because I'm too cooooooooooooooool for legendaries.