I just beat Link to the Past for the first time

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Played it on my roommate's SNES.

97 deaths lol

Pretty fun game. Only complaint is that the dungeons force you to navigate a bunch of enemy-filled rooms before being able to rematch the boss. I suppose one solution would be to just not die. The weapons were mostly pretty cool. Never used the medallions and rarely used the ice and fire rods. Got stuck at the 6th dungeon because I didn't know I had to warp there and that the flute would do it. Then finding the flute was a pain in the ass.

At the end of the game I realized I had never gotten the magic cape which grants invisibility. Kinda useless tho. How good is the Cane of Byrna!!

And now I know where my favorite Soul Calibur 2 weapon comes from

Now I can play ALBW and there are only a few titles left before I can read the rest of Hyrule Historia

Oh man, coming from someone who's now played/completed all 18 Zelda games, I can still say Zelda 2 was the most difficult for me, but very satisfying once it was complete. Link To The Past was super fun though and definitely quite memorable. I like the map for that game, and I think if you go straight to A Link Between Worlds that'll be a nice transition. A Link Between Worlds looks great too!

I used to draw maps and come up with plans of attack with my friends for this game.

I actually started playing this game on accident - deleted someone's save file by mistake and frantically started playing the game in order to get them back to their save progress (which wasn't far). As it turns out, game was pretty fun.

The medallions are badass - you should try them before you retire the game for now. Just make sure there are lots of enemies on screen first...

I did try them. Kinda neat and probably could have really made good use. The best was when I realized I could use the magic powder on those floating fire skull things which I had previously thought invincible.

I'm playing Zelda 1 now. Likely to stop playing after/during this game rather than continue with Zelda II or ALBW

Ray wrote:The best was when I realized I could use the magic powder on those floating fire skull things which I had previously thought invincible.
Ha! I did the exact same thing when I played that game.