Favorite Pokemon Type

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
So you get to open up your very own pokemon gym, but all your pokemon must be one type (dual types are fine, one should adhere to your theme). What's it going to be?

I'd probably go with ghost. I'd have more fun than something boring and safe like dragon. Poison and bug would be fun, too.

I'm playing LeafGreen with only bugs right now and it's fun. I'll probably do more monotype runs in the future.

Edit: prolly shoulda posted in "Nintendo Other". Oooooooops.

I've always been a big fan of Psychic & Water types, but if I had to pick one for a gym... I'd probably go with Psychic. Pokemon like Alakazam, Mewtwo, Hypno, Starmie... all cool Psychic types.

Actually, a Water/Psychic gym would be cool.

Drevin wrote:I've always been a big fan of Psychic & Water types, but if I had to pick one for a gym... I'd probably go with Psychic.
I was about to say the same thing, with a mix of electric. I still remember my Pokemon Red lineup, even though I haven't fired up the game in a few years.

•Articuno [lvl 100]
•Zaptos [lvl 100]
•Alakazam [lvl 100]
•Starmie [lvl 100]
•Mewtwo [lvl 100]
•Charizard [lvl 100]

Disclaimer: All Pokemon were naturally raised. No rare candy hacks were used in the raising of these Pokemon.

I believe that was the actual order as well, if I remember right. I always liked Water/Psychic/Electric. Charizard was in that mix because A, he's a boss, and B, Charmander was my starter Pokemon when I first got the game in grade 5 (same save file).

I think I'd have to choose Psychic/Water. Like Drevin, Starmie has always been one of my favorites for that combo.

Hmm. I do really like water, though I feel a need to be different here. Electric, maybe? No, Fairy. Fairy type, definitely. Jigglypuff has long been my favorite Pokemon, and I'm loving a lot of the other Fairy-types. I haven't played enough of the newer games to really get to experience the type, so I'm not sure of its ultimate viability... but Fairy.

I never got why you guys liked Starmie/Staryu so much, though I guess I've always been aesthetics only and am really bad with RPGs and Pokemon at actually discerning what gets me far, like what's under the hood.

I do like me electric types like Jolteon, Zapdos, Raichu (way better than Pikachu suck it people that refused to use their thunderstone/ be like that loser jerk Ash Ketchup*)

That or fire, I suppose I mean there's so many obvious fire choices, maybe a little too obvious Charizard, Ninetails

* not autocorrect, he's always tryin to catch up

I might change my mind to bug. Ghosts are pretty cool, but thinking about it, bugs always have had at least one place in my lineup (and I don't think I could name six good ghosts off the top of my head). I always ran a Butterfree in Blue and when I battled competitively Ninjask was often a leadoff. Then there's that newish Bug/Fire butterfly that rules, yet I can't remember it's name.

Speaking of fire, I love me some Infernape and of course Charizard. I'd miss the single good monkey pokemon.

Bugs. Final answer.

I really want to play through and build a competitive Fairy-type team now. This seems interesting and fun!

Warp2063 wrote:I really want to play through and build a competitive Fairy-type team now. This seems interesting and fun!
Post it when you're done! I want to see it.

When I'm thinking of lineups, I usually only think of gen 1 (the original 150), and sometimes the gen 2 next 100 Pokemon. But the first gen ones have always stuck in my mind as my favorite and most memorable. Then again, I haven't been up to date with new Pokemon past those 250 in a LONG time.

link470 wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:I really want to play through and build a competitive Fairy-type team now. This seems interesting and fun!
Post it when you're done! I want to see it.
If only working two jobs and volunteering at a convention weren't a thing...

Warp2063 wrote:If only working two jobs and volunteering at a convention weren't a thing...
I know the feeling.

Maybe ground. I always forget about them and they're fun. Sandslash, Marowak, and Dugtrio all among my favorite gen 1 pokes.

I'm currently playing Pearl right now (for the first time) on DS, and have a fairly basic lineup. 4 gyms in. Off the top of my head, I've got Luxray, Noctowl, Torterra, Chimecho, and believe it or not, Ponyta (one of the only fire types in the game I believe and has proven useful).

I'm going to change those up obviously as I progress and get some legendaries and more powerful Pokemon, but for now, they seem to be working.