NX Controller leaks

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.

I uh... I... I don't know.

Huh.

"wow"

But seriously uh. What.

Looks very, very close to the weird patent scans I saw a while back. Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, not liking the lack of physical buttons, and those weird nubs are... weird.

Touch screen buttons... I mean that alone means it has to be fake... Right??

I saw this talked about on a video last night, and they say they're pretty sure it's a fake, given that the image on the controller is apparently a screenshot from an Unreal Engine 4 demo.

The UE4 screenshot in question:

I mean this doesn't outright prove it's fake, but... here's hoping.

Here's a question; if it IS real...how do you like it? For me it seems like a super odd design and I have no idea how it would be comfortable to use and still make touch accessible.

Looks pretty uncomfortable to me. Like it would dig into your palms a bit. It reminds me of the Vita design and that can definitely get tiring to hold for extended periods of time. Having grips/handles makes all the difference for that though, so hopefully it's an optional accessory or something?

Aesthetics aside - I am really not a fan of touch-screen buttons. The games on the App Store that use them are just no good to me, can't play them. It just feels completely off without the physical feeling of buttons.

I'm with Drevin; I need physical buttons. Too wide, too oval.

Drevin wrote:Looks pretty uncomfortable to me. Like it would dig into your palms a bit.
That's exactly what I thought; that it would jab your palms.

Touch games where you need to swipe objects on a phone, no problem, even a button in an app to do something is fine. But a virtual gamepad button? Nope. Not happening. Nothing like a tactile response on an actual physical controller.

screen-button technology has been in the works by some researchers for some time. apple's force touch / 3d touch are probably the first mass market proof of concept.

the thing in the photo looks pretty shitty though, gotta say

Well... I think we've arrived at the possibility that this is all real:

I guess... the era of buttons... is over...

Still such a weird ergonomic design...really curious for E3 now to see what they say and how this will be used, if this is even it.