Nintendo's First Mobile Game - Miitomo

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
"Game"
  • The new smartphone game will be “Miitomo”. It will be free to play, with attractive add-ons that people can pay for, Mr. Kimishima says. Other smartphone games will be pay-to-download, he says.
  • Looks like Miis go ahead and communicate with other Miis without your knowledge. This will help people who are hesitant to talk about themselves to communicate with others, and reveal a side of your friends you never knew, Mr. Kimishima says.
  • In the new Miitomo game, users will design their own avatars, or “Miis,” to communicate with other users. Executive Shinya Takahashi says that Nintendo will find ways to encourage people who are hesitant to talk to share things about themselves.
  • Targeting March 2016 release date
More info

Sounds like Mii Maker and a slice of Tomodachi Life for your phone. The communicating thing sounds cute, but ultimately forgettable. Hey at least it's free right? :D

Drevin wrote:[*]Looks like Miis go ahead and communicate with other Miis without your knowledge. This will help people who are hesitant to talk about themselves to communicate with others, and reveal a side of your friends you never knew
lol, in b4 "link470's Mii has shared banking information with Devo!"

"Wait WHAT" *uninstalls app*

Fuckin' eh

Oh, you're no fun anymore Nintendo

I think this is Nintendo's way of testing the waters, they don't wanna go with Mario right out the gate I guess.

I'm at least *curious*, but I really don't have time to commit to yet another communication platform. Also, is this going to come out in other regions than Japan? Will it be cross-region?

Edit: Answered my own question. March 2016, worldwide. And due to the timing, probably alongside My Nintendo. http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/29/ni ... next-year/

I think it's a cute little app I'll probably use infrequently. Hoping the questions are interesting and not inane/twitter-like if that makes sense...

i think this'll be pretty popular. reminds me of nintendogs

It's out! I think we gotta be Twitter pals if we wanna add each other which is kinda dumb. Anyway if you're not following me on Twitter go for it and I'll return the favor

@devinwl

This app rules

Drevin wrote:This app rules

WHAT HOW DID YOU DO THAT

Also we should be friends

Warp2063 wrote:
Drevin wrote:This app rules

WHAT HOW DID YOU DO THAT
Ok ya that's actually pretty sweet.

Warp2063 wrote:WHAT HOW DID YOU DO THAT
Miifoto! You can take a picture with your phone and use it as the background.
Warp2063 wrote:Also we should be friends
Follow me on Twitter (if you have it) and I'll add you. Otherwise I'm not sure how to add friends - there aren't any codes or anything to share and you can't just add NNID/My Nintendo accounts for some reason...

I remember my Twitter username (Warp2063, duh) and I *think* it's still logged in on my 3rd Gen iPod Touch... but I don't remember my password.