Pokemon GO

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Loving the new IV update.

^ lol

Went out for a walk with Jigglypuff and .02km in I hatched a Growlithe (with near perfect IVs. I don't care, yeah, I do.) So new buddy almost instantly.

I also noticed that I have a 1kg Fearow (I also have a more average sized 36kg Fearow, for reference.). I guess the variance can get extreme. I'll keep my lil anorexic bird pal.

Who's everyone's walking bud now? Any awesome stories like my awesome Fearow story?

I went with Charmander as my walking buddy cause I still don't have a Charmeleon or Charizard yet and I figure it'll at least give me some candy for it. It looks like there's a progress bar for 3KM walking sessions until candy, from the looks of it. Do you know how much candy that is after 3KM? Or is it a different amount of walking per Pokemon?

still haven't played...

It's 1 candy per. The distance is different, I know Jigglypuff and Pikachu are only 1km per candy. Most seem to be 3. I think it goes by how many km it would take to hatch an egg (except for the starters?). 1km for for 2km eggs, 3 for 5 and I'm afraid to look at my Snorlax's requirement (he'll need six candy per level now if I want to keep him powered up).

I went with Pikachu as my buddy since I heard a rumor that after you walk with them enough, they ride on your shoulder!

Caught a Wartortle and hatched a Charmander today. A good Pokemon day.

I still need to go for a walk at some point with the Charmander and see if I can get any candies out of it. 3KM seems like a lot for a single candy though.

I've gotten 3 from Growlithe. It's better than nothing, I guess. Only 30 more.

"Yo grandparents, next time you go on a cruise, think you could take my old iPhone here and launch this app, and then just leave the phone plugged into a wall outlet in your cabin for the duration of your trip? That'd be great, thanks."

Nah I've seen a lot of creative ways to cheat, but I refuse to.

Played for the first time in a month. Apparently there's been a pretty big update. UI changes, walking distance for a candy for Growlithe has quartered (edit:it's back to normal now) and I'm seeing different Pokémon around (lots of ghastlies, haunters and cubones, I'd guess for Halloween.

Monkey wrote:I'm seeing different Pokémon around (lots of ghastlies, haunters and cubones, I'd guess for Halloween.
Ya I heard that from a few people I know too, that there were lots of ghost Pokemon around. I'm guessing Halloween as well.

So how 'bout that Gen 2 update!...