Super Mario Maker

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.

Holy crap this is the game I always wanted as a kid. The little nods to Mario Paint get me every time.

If you aren't interested in the game yet, here's some videos to convince you:

Day 1 Treehouse

Nintendo World Championship Finals https://youtu.be/J9H8VcU21j4?t=3h29m42s

It's like they finally realized what the ROM hackers have been doing all these years can be really fun. Looks good. I like how it's all the different Mario games.

I was talking to my buddy about this a month ago or so and mildly dissing it and being like aw Nintendo's just ten years behind all the ROM hackers and this is no good it's no killer app and all that, but damn this looks really great. And those levels in the 1v1 NWC stream the other night, hot DAYUM is what I say.

Ya this actually looks like a lot of fun. I can see all of us sharing stages and trying to beat them and having a blast with it.

NWC really convinced me of the level of depth you can put in this game. So many cool things to do with it! I'm really excited, I hope to see more features as the date gets closer and closer. The only thing for me that I feel is missing that'd be really cool is some multiplayer. This game would be 10/10 if it had simultaneous multiplayer for me. It'd still be a 9/10 regardless but I would looooove to be able to play with a friend or two while making levels.

I noticed during a Treehouse demo that the game shows you where other players died nearby your own death position, pretty cool. I think you can also leave comments at specific points in the level like "watch out for the spikes", but I'll bet every comment will be a troll haha. Reminds me of Dark Souls

this is a top tier game for me! look forward to my campaign!

Drevin wrote:I think you can also leave comments at specific points in the level
That's actually quite interesting, I can see this being used for in-game dialogue to almost add some story content to the levels too, depending how you can implement it.

I meant Miiverse comments, and I think they're like in other games - they might not show up or be something completely different. I don't think the creator puts comments in.

Also apparently this will be a full-priced release... did not honestly expect that. Was thinking 29.99 or at most 39.99 for it.

Drevin wrote:I meant Miiverse comments
Oh too bad, I was thinking you could almost add NPC's with dialogue.

DB8F-0000-00F3-8726

436D-0000-00F4-2078

Are those level codes or something?

mah levels! who else got this game? my levels get better and better. i've made and uploaded 4 so far!

Oooh I'mma play your levels Ray hope I can get some gamin' in tonight