Star Fox Zero

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.

Love the chicken walker from Star Fox 2. Normally I'd be worried about gyro controls but after spending some time with Splatoon I don't think there's anything to fear. Gyro controls takes some getting used to, but after a little bit you'll wonder how you got by without it.

Just tell me when Nintendo.

Something about the way the Arwing moves looks weird, like you're controlling the tip and the rest follows it. The walker and tank both look kind of fun. I doubt it'll be a Star Fox 64, but I don't mind because I'm still not bored of that game.

It's about bloody time they made a new (proper) Star Fox. I knew they would announce this though. Looks p great

Yep. This is the main one I'm looking forward to. I'd still play a sequel to StarFox Adventures as well, but this looks good.

I see some haters on the YouTube comments of the trailer talking about graphics being outdated, which I can kind of see, but I think once the game has the final polishing touches and I actually see it being played on my Wii U and an HDTV, any worry about graphics will quickly go away and I'll get right into the game. It's StarFox, after all. I'm just stoked it's actually happening.

I think it'll look great... or looks great. I'm not expecting a Star Wars-lite with furries who used to be puppets to look like Fallout 4 or FFVII HD; graphics whores can GTFO... actually the fact that graphics whores are still looking at Nintendo consoles makes me larf

Looks fantastic, love the new transformation features. I'm pretty stoked, especially since Platinum was confirmed to be co-developing it which hopefully means some curayzee over-the-top cinematics haha. Also Devo, it was confirmed a bit ago that motion controls can be turned off if you're worried about that.

I'm not personally, although I know for sure people will want the option to turn it off so that's good to hear. Also yes Platinum having some involvement is excellent news, can't wait to see what comes of that partnership. I'm wondering if Kamiya is involved, I know he loves Star Fox.

not excited for the gyro mode or chicken walker. just slows down the pace of the game which i think is better off uninterrupted.

also looks like they dumbed it down and you can't even crash into the ground anymore.

controls & flight look messed up too but positive comparisons to splatoon are comforting

I enjoyed the chicken walker segments in Star Fox 2.

Wish I could find that ROM again, and the emulator I needed to get it working...

i know i didn't care for the foot missions in assault, those new vehicles seem like the same mistake. we'll see though, i'm going to give it a fair chance

Delayed until Q1 2016! That's a drag. If it means the game comes out better for it though, let's do it. This needs to be fantastic.

Drevin wrote:If it means the game comes out better for it though, let's do it. This needs to be fantastic.
When I saw the Facebook post, I thought the same thing. We don't need a mediocre Star Fox.

Yep, I'm more than alright with waiting for it to be polished. I like the way the article put it, that it could be released, but that they want it to be good. Right on, Nintendo. Good call.

StarFox and Zelda 2016!

Yeah Nintendo's good at judgement calls so we don't get shit like Sonic 06 from this company. Or, say, GTA Online or wasn't Perfect Dark Zero bad? I can't remember anything anymore.. :/

Nintendo's certainly got something to prove. If they can keep cranking out hits that sell well on the (relatively unsuccessful) Wii U, then it'll help to keep people excited for and interested in the NX initiative. If what comes out on the Wii U is lackluster and shows that they don't care, it's a slap in the face of the fans who still believe that Nintendo can pull things off and who supported the Wii U despite its struggles, weakening Nintendo in their eyes and damaging their hope and interest in the next platform.