Nintendo games coming to smartphones

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Here comes Flappy Koopa.

In all seriousness, I would play the crap out of that Pokemon puzzle game they just released for free on 3DS if it was on iOS...

I just heard about this. Assuming, though, that the games are even released internationally... I don't have a phone designed for gaming, and I'm not excited about the prospect of there potentially being Nintendo games that I want to play... on a system that I don't have. Also, I hate most games that offer only touchscreen controls. Sure, something like Pokemon Shuffle would be fine, but if there's a directional control, I want a physical directional pad or a stick or a slide pad - something that gives me physical feedback. Same with action buttons. Touchscreens are fine for selecting things and menus, but that's about it, in my opinion.

Touchscreen buttons are awful, yes. I'd hope Nintendo has more sense than that to use those for their games.

Warp hit the nail on the head. Touchscreen controls are Satan and my phone isn't for gaming either

ahaha Flappy Koopa, good one D!

One thing I remembered shortly after my earlier post, though... a potential glimmer of light, though I have no idea how Nintendo and DeNA intend to do things...

I remember hearing some time ago that Nintendo was working on a way to make it easier to bring smartphone games to the Wii U. If this is true... it would be really nice if Nintendo released on both or created a tool or something in order to make it easy to create for both, so that those of us without gaming phones could still play on the Wii U and possibly take advantage of the physical buttons on the gamepad.

It could be even cooler if a whole integrated ecosystem was formed, so that these games could show up on the eShop and/or enable cross-buy and/or link directly to the Miiverse. These are some really far-fetched ideas, especially when it comes to the measured pace that Nintendo moves at, but definitely speak to the unification that they claim they're leaning towards.

I wish Nintendo would read this stuff. =P