So Long Club Nintendo

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
There are a bunch of games I *kind of* want, but most of them are ones I'd prefer to have physical copies of, as they're not games I feel I need to carry with me everywhere - eg NSMB2, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Golf World Tour. Kind of want Punchout, and I never did finish Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga...

I'm tempted to waste my platinum on a digital copy of MK7, because that's one I own the physical copy of that I wish I had digitally. I *hope* my save is transferable...

Quite the tempting offer Devo! I only managed to get Gold but those are some interesting Platinum rewards. Sadly I own like...every game in Platinum so I think I'll just grab a Superstar from the Gold on my own but I certainly appreciate the offer! I hope someone else takes it, that's certainly a great offer.

Warp2063 wrote:I'm tempted to waste my platinum on a digital copy of MK7, because that's one I own the physical copy of that I wish I had digitally.
Just out of total curiosity, why do you also want a digital copy if you own the physical copy?

link470 wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:I'm tempted to waste my platinum on a digital copy of MK7, because that's one I own the physical copy of that I wish I had digitally.
Just out of total curiosity, why do you also want a digital copy if you own the physical copy?
My game case only holds three game cards, plus the one card in my system. This means I have to be super-choosy about what games I'm carrying. However, then there are some games that I don't always play, but I'll regret not having with me when out and about and running into someone else who *does* have the game on them. If I only carry those "regret missed opportunity" games, there'll be no room for anything else. Therefore, I prefer having digital copies of those games stored on my system. Some examples would be SSB4 (don't own it yet), Animal Crossing, Pokemon Y, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, etc.

Mario Kart 7 didn't exist digitally when it first came out, so I bought the game card. However, it is an example of one I would own digitally for local multiplayer goodness.

^ Makes perfect sense! I like it.

I've also got 600 coins so if anyone sees a game they like in the list let me know. Same rule applies!

What I really want is LTTP but I don't see it on the rewards list. Can I have Golden Sun? My roommate swears by it and I wanna try it out!

I really wish I'd finished Golden Sun. I got stuck at one point, felt bad about having to use a cheat to escape it, and decided that the only way to make up for it was to restart the game - which I never got around to doing. It's a shame... it was really, really enjoyable.

I've played through Golden Sun a few times (got stuck under-leveled at the final boss the first time. Use two save slots of just don't play like a 12 year old). It's one of the only JRPGs that I've played multiple times. I love it. There's so many memorable parts. The second one is pretty OK. The story isn't as good, but the difficulty picks up where the first one left off.

I got stuck in some stupid tree. I'd spent most of the game just using the psynergy skills to get through battles rather than properly leveling... got stuck in a tree somewhere with no recovery items and no psynergy remaining, so I had no way to return to town.

I didn't make Platinum or I'd have got New Island (to see how much I hate it, sadist me), or Mario Golf World Tour but I'm just a Gold pleb so I got Oracle of Ages, because it's one of the only Zelda games I've yet to play.

Warp2063 wrote:I got stuck in some stupid tree. I'd spent most of the game just using the psynergy skills to get through battles rather than properly leveling... got stuck in a tree somewhere with no recovery items and no psynergy remaining, so I had no way to return to town.
Aw, the game was just getting good.

I just remembered today, there's a button combination you can do while loading to return to the last sanctum you visited. I didn't know to try it as a kid. The real reason to use two files is that you can't play your file after you beat the last boss, so if there's any side quests you want to finish, you can use the second file.

AC Dasher wrote:I didn't make Platinum or I'd have got New Island (to see how much I hate it, sadist me), or Mario Golf World Tour but I'm just a Gold pleb so I got Oracle of Ages, because it's one of the only Zelda games I've yet to play.
I hope you like it. OoA is one of my favorite Zeldas of all time. The items are great, the world is pretty cool, and it's wholesome LoZ. There is interactivity with OoSeasons btw, worth it if you can find a way to connect.

Ray wrote:
AC Dasher wrote:I got Oracle of Ages, because it's one of the only Zelda games I've yet to play.
I hope you like it. OoA is one of my favorite Zeldas of all time.
Good call AC. Ya I remember you saying that Ray, and I've heard that the puzzles are a fair bit more challenging, at least compared to Seasons. I haven't started my eBay'd GBC copies yet. Still need to finish Minish Cap [at the final boss dungeon, but haven't attempted to finish it yet because I'm stalled at the moment looking for all the Kinstone fuses and heart pieces.

I had a quick look through the list as I also am eligible for a 'gold' level game, but couldn't see anything I was really super stoked on or hadn't already played/owned for another console.

Monkey wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:I got stuck in some stupid tree. I'd spent most of the game just using the psynergy skills to get through battles rather than properly leveling... got stuck in a tree somewhere with no recovery items and no psynergy remaining, so I had no way to return to town.
Aw, the game was just getting good.

I just remembered today, there's a button combination you can do while loading to return to the last sanctum you visited. I didn't know to try it as a kid. The real reason to use two files is that you can't play your file after you beat the last boss, so if there's any side quests you want to finish, you can use the second file.
That was what I did - used it to return to town. But I felt that I'd cheated and that the only way to redeem myself was to start over from the beginning. Even if I wanted to pick up today from where I left off, it's been... shoot, well over a decade since I last played. I have no idea what was going on anymore.