Bayonetta 2

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.

Anyone pick up this fine game? Been playing quite a bit of it and really enjoying it. I never played the original Bayonetta but I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it is. The combat is something I've never experienced aside from the W101 (first actual Platinum title for me) but it really gets ramped up thanks to the reliance of Witch Time and the inclusion of Dodge Offset. Great music, much more forgiving than the first game, a very interesting story that even links back to the first game, and just nonstop action.

Easily one of my favorite games this year, if not my favorite.

Downloaded the demo, loved it. It's on my xmas list!

I was sold when I saw a commercial saying it'll include the first game. Great marketing.

I played the demo of the first when it came out on the PS3, and again when it came out on Wii U. It's not really my thing.

Hey Afro, have you tried Tag Climax yet? I haven't but if you wanna have a go at it some time, I'm in.

Y'know I just got back into playing it yesterday (trying to Jeanne on 3rd Climax, which is like Hard mode on Hard mode) and have yet to try out Tag Climax so I'd love to. I'm unavailable the next two nights (moving back home, hanging out with friends the next night) but I'll gladly play afterward.

Monday might be best, then. I'm going to my parents' house for the holidays starting Tuesday. I'm bringing my WiiU, but I'm not yet 100% positive on how available I will be.

Sounds good. I'll brush up on playing soon. I'll probably stick with Jeanne just for variety sake but I may switch back to Bayo if she's too tough.

FInished 3rd Climax over the Holidays. I suppose I'll be tackling Infinite Climax soon. I haven't completed the Witch Trials yet.

If you're still up for it, I'd go for another few rounds of Tag Climax this weekend or the next.

Little late but I'm finally starting this. Playing through the first game first (love that it came with both). I love everything about this game... The writing, the style, the mechanics... Ah I just frickin' love Platinum titles.

Oh man you're in for a trip Devo. Have a good time! Can't wait to hear your reactions / impressions as you get further into the game :D

I seem to be dying a lot. Maybe I need to get better with my dodge timing, or add in more combos? Are there any Techniques from the shop that are a must-buy?

Also I accidentally quit near what I assume is the end of Chapter 5 thinking it auto saves to your last checkpoint... It doesn't. Oops.

Drevin wrote:I seem to be dying a lot. Maybe I need to get better with my dodge timing, or add in more combos? Are there any Techniques from the shop that are a must-buy?
Dodge timing is a must. If you get a chance, learning Dodge Offset is pretty good to making your combos and do lots of damage while keeping on your toes. It's a tough system to learn and it's mainly something you have to learn on your own (or through YouTube videos) but once you learn it that's when the game really picks up.

As for techniques, I don't think you get the chance to know it yet but Bat Within is an absolute must once it shows up in the shop. Everything else isn't too essential but they're fun to play around with once you get the hang of them.

I'm gonna see if I can get the hang of Dodge Offset and learn some actual combos besides mashing some random buttons :D

That's definitely advised haha. The endings of combos not only keeps your combo multiplier high but those wicked weaves at the end do way more damage than regular hits.

Good luck learning it! Using the practice mode (I think it's + or - on the loading screen) definitely helps to try out those combos!