Mario Kart 8

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
I love when games have context-sensitive music. It adds so much to the experience, and it's so subtle.

this is the second DLC I ever remember purchasing in any game ever (though don't ask me what the first one is, I honestly don't remember - it wasn't Nintendo), this took two hours Wednesday night/Thursday morn as our 'net in this place hits a wall every night after midnight. I was super excited and everything (re: my moola) paid off. Considering Ice Ice Baby level is the worst, that's saying a lot. I love the Hyrule level it looks amaaaazing. Very reminiscent of Sonic Lost World's beautiful Zelda DLC pack, the whole first five to ten seconds of the track remind me a lot of the adventure field Saanic runs 'round.

Excitebike is simple but exciting for sure, F-Zero is insanely pleasing especially looks-wise - Big N such a tease like F-Zero would be so flippin' on point WE NEED IT - then there's the new Dragon level which hit me out of nowhere like I didn't expect that one as I swerved clear of most trailers and that. Rainbow Road is fantastic, all I could want - SNES RR is still my favourite and this is a great iteration, looks tight. Wario's Gold Mine was one of the best and Wii tracks by far and looks predictably great. And Yoshi's Circuit is one of the best Double Dash courses I'd wager, though the music is kiddy crap garbage, much like the rest of the horrid Double Dash soundtrack.

I was hating on Tanooki and all re-skinned chars but now that I can play as him, I'm enjoying [that]. His little 'kiss mah furry ass' taunt and his turning to stone a la SMB 3 is killer. Cat Peach is fun, sure, great for the new fans/3D World fans/ peeps that like cats and Peach. And Link I was like 'huh? he don't fit' but I take that back now, I can totally see there not being a MK9 and they just making a Nintendo Kart sort of like how Sega took all their characters that run the gamut from cartoony mascots of yesteryear and arcade folk and realistic Shenmue junt and just marry it all together in a really solid on-point racing experience. Just throw in Samus, Fox, Nes yada yada etc we already have Link and soon Animal Crossing characters so it's not far off.

I like that little Tanooki jeep too. Haven't tried the Hylian bike or whathaveyou

Ahhhh, I need to download that DLC asap. I keep forgetting to do it thanks to school work. I think I'l get on that very soon.

Side note, I just noticed we can post webms? Man I wish I knew a place to upload 'em. I got a ton of MK8 Webms I could post just for the fun of it that are all exclusively Daisy.

This is super old but I thought I'd put it on before the next DLC

:lol

GAF makes the best GIFs.

Played through the new courses only once so far, with friends. The Excitebike, F-Zero and Hyrule tracks were favourites for everybody, hands down. It's the attention to detail and those little touches here and there which make them great. :D

200cc mode! This looks freaking great, like a blend of F-ZERO and Mario Kart. Can't wait to try it

oh and the 2nd DLC pack got bumped up to April 23rd no big deal

I am incredibly hyped for 200cc. It looks so damn fast. GameXplain had a quick comparison video to show off how fast it is, it looks like 1.5 times faster than 150cc. Insane!

Imagine how hectic this will get online! I am beyond excited! :D

Love it. Hope that 200cc is here to stay for future MK games!

It's almost like Moo Moo farm 3-player on MK64 VC version. There's a few tracks with speed glitches, mostly (only?) with three player vs matches.

The new tracks are fun. Animal Crossing made me smile the first time I played it, and made me grin the second. Good times.

I have yet to see 200cc. I suspect that I probably have to do something to unlock it. The fact that it hasn't appeared I suspect may have something to do with the fact that I haven't tried to win a single trophy yet on 150cc. I'm still working on three-starring two of the trophies in 100cc.

Stupid lightning bolt over an infinite pit on the last lap on the last course of a perfect run dropping me from first to sixth place...

Bit disappointed there is (seemingly) no 200cc mode for time trials. Otherwise loving this DLC. 200cc is absolutely nuts. Going back to 150 after playing a few cups of 200 makes it seem a snails pace.

That final lap of Big Blue...

Yeah 200cc is great and I love the DLC (especially the Animal Crossing track and somehow Cheese Land and Baby Park are good now?) but 200cc is going to ruin future MK games if they don't implement it in the titles. Ah well s'all good. 10/10 DLC from Nintendy; well I thought I'd never.

I haven't gone back to 150cc yet and I'm scared to do so. 200cc IS JUST SO DARN FAST! It feels incredible, I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm terrible at certain maps and run into a lot of shit but I'm slowly learning how to take certain turns, especially ones that gave me trouble in 150cc.