Mario Kart 8

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Mario Kart 8: Look Who's Back! We Ain't Talkin' Waluigi, But He's Back Too

... and somehow they have made Yoshi's voice even worse. Look away, AC, look away! ... but do watch for the gameplay!

That reminds me that I want to play 7.

looks good, nothing special. double dash!! will continue to reign my racing game kingdom

As long as they don't add some god-awful items and maybe make online communities less tedious... it'll probably be a solid MK.

How do I look away and watch at the same time?!

Anyway looks good, still have high hopes. Even in the low-points of the series (imo Wii and Super Circuit), I find stuff to like so naturally I'll be getting this game. I'm with you Dr. Drevin on the items thing though. One of the best things about the Sonic and Sega All Stars games was there were no game breaking items, it was like the old Mario Karts, you need skill to win not to be in last or close to for 2.5 laps and then WHAM BAM thank ya GAWD DAMN for the blue shells to the face of those of us with skill and practice!

I wish they'd revert Blue Shells to the way they worked in MK64 -- they fucked over pretty much anybody that got in the way, instead of just the guy in 1st. Do that and get rid of the Bullet Bill. Easy!

Drevin wrote:I wish they'd revert Blue Shells to the way they worked in MK64 -- they fucked over pretty much anybody that got in the way, instead of just the guy in 1st. Do that and get rid of the Bullet Bill. Easy!
agreed on blue shell. but why bullet bill? pretty easy to dodge, and you don't get it unless you're in the way back

Ray wrote:
Drevin wrote:I wish they'd revert Blue Shells to the way they worked in MK64 -- they fucked over pretty much anybody that got in the way, instead of just the guy in 1st. Do that and get rid of the Bullet Bill. Easy!
agreed on blue shell. but why bullet bill? pretty easy to dodge, and you don't get it unless you're in the way back
only because they would basically accomplish the same thing, although I suppose the bullet bill won't necessarily hit the person in 1st

That's actually how they worked in MK7. They traveled on the ground and murdered everyone in your path before homing in on the first place person and destroying them. Though, having a map on the bottom screen that tells you who has what item at what time is pretty great and cheap at the same time because you can just back out of first place before it gets to you. That can be both hilarious and a little annoying.

I've accepted the fact that there will never be a better MK game than 64 and even if there was, my blind love to mk64 would prevent me from seeing it.

Monkey wrote:I've accepted the fact that there will never be a better MK game than 64 and even if there was, my blind love to mk64 would prevent me from seeing it.
Amen.

I mean, I'm not gonna lie, also enjoyed MKDS, Double Dash, and other Mario Kart games, but MK64 is truly amazing.

Yeah I'm the toughest critic on games and movies, but Mario Kart 64 is the most fun I ever had with multiplayer from the first time I played it in '97 until present day. Don't get me wrong, DS comes fairly close and SNES and 3DS are great too, but this is the master of the series and the kart-racer genre.

It's coming out in May! Who hyped?

Cautiously optimistic. Gonna wait for some reviews to come in before grabbing it though.

I'm going to be waiting for a while, probably. I haven't played 7 for probably more than a year, and May is going to be a busy time for me - probably one without much money.