Hyrule Warriors

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Alternatively titled:
"Link with a Scarf"
"A Zelda spin-off possibly worth caring about"
"no zelda until 2015 lol"

I think it could be a fun game. I've never played the franchise they're basing it from (Dynasty Warriors).

Ya I don't know about this...I'd want to try it before I bought it. I don't think it's the kind of game I'd buy, even though it does feature Link. I'm still holding out for the next major console Zelda.

The Dynasty Warriors games have always been very pretty. And the ability to beat up hordes of enemies *seems* really awesome. However, you can only have "epic battle" for so long until it becomes mundane. At least that's how I feel about it. I always get bored when it's all battle, all the time. I play Zelda for the combinations of story, music, and puzzles with the occasional epic battle. There's a balance there that keeps me interested.

I might have to pick this up, but then again, I might not. It really depends. I *really* hope a demo gets released at some point, and in that demo they prove to me that it's not just a Zelda-skinned Dynasty Warriors game.
Last edited by Warp2063 on May 22nd, 2014, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dear nintendo, milking zelda isn't going to save the wii u.

As one who gamed predominately on PS2, I saw the 800 entries in the series come and go and the games (to me) got as mundane as the hordes of same enemies you face over and over. This is not a style I thought Nintendo would go for.

I wonder who proposed the idea. My guess is that it wasn't Nintendo, but they accepted so that there's another game that people might buy.

Ray wrote:dear nintendo, milking zelda isn't going to save the wii u.
No, but milking Mario will. Sales have been climbing recently mate! Whether or not it's due to the holiday rush we'll see but here's hoping for a steady increase in profit!

Afrohawk52 wrote:
No, but milking Mario will. Sales have been climbing recently mate! Whether or not it's due to the holiday rush we'll see but here's hoping for a steady increase in profit!
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." - The average Nintendo fan in regards to Wii and Wii U

Ray wrote:
Afrohawk52 wrote:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." - The average Nintendo fan in regards to Wii and Wii U
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Dedicated fan of any company

The website is up.

Some choice pics:

I don't know if there will be alt costumes in Smash4 (there might be!) but if there is please let us use ScarfLink!

Drevin wrote:please let us use ScarfLink!
Watch them actually name him ScarfLink in-game.

This just in

Hyrule Warriors

will be called

in North America...

wait for it...

Hyrule Warriors

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/8y ... K0mI9BUl-G

This looks extremely cool. I wasn't really all that interested at first because I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game but now I'm extremely interested. I can't wait to hear more and see the footage that we'll get at E3.

Nintendo just dumped a bunch more trailers on us.

The more I see the more it looks like it'll actually be fun.

Drevin wrote:
HYLIAN sword?! What about Master Sword?

...actually come to think of it, his shield is way different too...maybe you can switch weapons/armor.