Thinking about getting a Wii U

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
I have a number of plans for my Wii U when I get home. Still a few weeks to go, though.

I think the best use of the Wii U so far is to turn it into a Netflix/YouTube viewer for my kitchen.

It's sad but true. While I enjoy a lot of the games, nothing beats being able to pop on YouTube / Netflix quickly and have that Off-TV play. I can't tell you how many times I've used it.

My plan is to use it to replace my Wii as my current GameCube/Wii system.

it would be an instabuy for me if it played gcn games

Ray wrote:it would be an instabuy for me if it played gcn games
It can.

Warp2063 wrote:
It can.
I should rephrase that. It's capable, but you have to do a few things.

You could just buy a 50 Wii for that. Or...or a GCN. I mean whichever.

WHERE THE BUTTFUCKING FUCK DOES THE FUCKING "N" IN "GCN" COME FROM.

I just went for Wii U & GCN. Not the best, but better than Wii U and Wii (imo).

I believe it's referred to as GCN because NGC was used at the time the GameCube was released. That's what's speculated anyway...

^yep that'll be my set up.

i would normally be willing to "do a few things", but last time there were negative side effects that i think are prone to occur again with nintendo

Got a Basic for $204.28 after selling and shipping Nintendoland and the Skylanders stuff. Already "did some stuff", but I need an external HD now. Wii games look really good on the gamepad screen.

I have an external hard drive with my Wii and GC backups already on it. Now I just need to make it home.

Monkey wrote:Got a Basic for $204.28 after selling and shipping Nintendoland and the Skylanders stuff. Already "did some stuff", but I need an external HD now. Wii games look really good on the gamepad screen.
Right on, that's a pretty good deal man. So do you have any Wii U games for it or did you sell 'em all?

Nothing yet, but the games came unshrink-wrapped so I tried Nintendoland for a bit (F-Zero and Zelda). Looked pretty nice. There's some good deals on games, so I'll grab a couple whenever I get my car inspected.