Smash

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Who's ready?!

Can't afford it.

Next month.

get a job you bum

gamecube controller adapter only has 4 ports...

You expected more?

fake edit: the wii u has 4 usb ports, so just use two adapters!

real edit: you have more than 4 gcn controllers?

hm

The amiibo are pretty rad. They do actually get smarter as you play them. My Samus amiibo is particularly crafty. Always seems to grab me at the opportune time. I think my Link is a bit dim... he likes to throw Boomerangs at walls... repeatedly.

Leveling to 50 doesn't take long at all (I thought it would be more of a grind), especially in multiplayer. Both Link and Samus were capped the day after release.

Not much to add about the game -- it's exactly like the 3DS one except I can use my GCN controllers, and it looks pretty freakin' great on the TV. The stage selection is grand. I tried some 2v2 modes online and the lag was remarkably better than Brawl, and noticeably better than 3DS. There is definitely a tiny bit of input lag, but it's fairly insignificant if you've got a decent connection to your opponent(s).

I'm really loving the modes they brought back as well as the new modes for Single Player. Event mode feels fun and challenging, Master Orders and Crazy Orders feel very fun yet risky at the same time, and and Classic Mode has a different feel to it I really like. I managed to beat Master Fortress the other day, absolutely insane battle. It's so nerve-wracking because they bring back enemies from Smash Run that you should DEFINITELY FOCUS if you want to win. Especially those assholes who start glowing, as their beams are incredibly dangerous.

Smash Tour is great fun too. It feels like the old Mario Party with a lot of randomness, interesting "mini-games", and a lot of items to fuck your friends over. Nothing's funnier than starting up a Home Run Contest or Target Blast and shrinking them right before the battle. Plus you get a shit ton of loot after the battle which is a godsend. Trying to unlock more and more stuff in this game seems a lot more random as trying Classic specifically for Custom Moves seems super random.

Visuals and music are fantastic. I never knew I wanted a Smash in HD until now and damn does it look and sound good. It just works, I really like it. Lag's very minimal too. You can also add randoms to your friend's list and you can even use Custom Stages online with friends even if they don't have the stage! I love those features. Can't wait until they add downloading for stages and photos.

This one just feels like the definitive version. I liked the 3DS version and I'm glad I can play it, especially to import custom characters over while I'm trying to get more customs, but I'm definitely sticking to this one for the good stuff. Couch gameplay just feels right.

having a hard time learning the controls.

falco is too slow to be useful now... or i just have a lot to relearn.

there's just so much lag/cooldown on every attack, it leaves me so vulnerable when i try to reuse my old playstyle. who are the quickest characters?

add my nintendo network id too btw: raymondgh

Pretty sure the Cap has always been quick

Sonic, Fox, ZSS, Lucina/Marth to name a few

another complaint is that the pro controller has both analog sticks on the top... but since my thumbs rest on the top area, i have to bend my thumb down to reach the buttons... hoping to avoid the gcn adapter and just learn to deal with it, but we'll see

ok it's pretty fun. i improved a lot tonight. who else is gonna play?

Ray and I had a smashing good time last night. I'm gonna post a gif later of that one fight on the Duck Hunt stage

I wish you could team up against randos online... maybe in a future patch?

Also I just wanna say having the Gamepad as a portable screen is amazing

yeah that was interesting. i just played with the gamepad propped up in my room as the main display and didn't even connect to a TV. was able to keep the console safely away from my roommates that way