Smash

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.

vrrrp

The view of the AC world in the background is really cool

New Nintendo Direct on April 8th! This one is all about Smash 4.

I forgot we even had a thread for this.

I'm definitely hyped. A whole half hour of Smash Bros. news? It's gonna be legendary.

Side note: Are you guys going for the 3DS version, Wii U version or both? I'm definitely going for both personally just for the difference in stages but it would be nice to know if there are any big differences between the games especially if they lean more toward the Wii U being the better version

Both. The thought of playing Smash on the go with AC during our many trips to Van is awesome. Of course playing it home is gonna be rad too.

3DS at least. I'm hesitant to upgrade to a Wii-U, since I'd have to hang onto the Wii if I wanted to play Brawl with a GC controller (I still play all three Smash games).

Brawl has been retired for me personally, I've got my GCN hooked up for Melee. Doubt Melee will ever go away, but here's hoping 4 can deliver.

I just hope a few of the best Brawl stages carry over, because yeah I'm not going to sell Brawl but it's no longer for me either.

By the by, I really like the new banner. Way more than the old. Maybe it's the colour scheme or maybe cuz the characters haven't been done to death.

My predictions:

Monkey wrote:3DS at least. I'm hesitant to upgrade to a Wii-U, since I'd have to hang onto the Wii if I wanted to play Brawl with a GC controller (I still play all three Smash games).
Did you ever have a 360? If so, look into buying a Pro Controller if you ever get a Wii U. Pro controllers feel just like the 360 controllers only lighter and with a good D-Pad and pretty good battery life. They're a bit expensive but they're definitely worth it if you can't handle using a Classic Controller.
Drevin wrote:Brawl has been retired for me personally, I've got my GCN hooked up for Melee. Doubt Melee will ever go away, but here's hoping 4 can deliver.
Yeah I'm retired on Brawl too. It was fun for a while but after I had to quit the online scene due to school internet being awful I just stopped playing. If anyone ever wants to play I usually turn 'em down just because I'm not interested now that the hype for new Smash has come.

While I don't expect it, if Snake returns that'd completely make my day/month/year/life.

I'm hoping we get some better online options. It'd be cool to join my friend's matches, although I can see people abusing it (teaming up in FFAs or something). Hopefully some 2 vs randos or something with online (or local) friends. Being able to turn off certain (or all) items in lobbies would be cool too (probably not gonna happen for public games).

Also yeah pick up a Pro Controller. It's the best regular-ass way to play games (provided they support it), and will probably be a necessity for 4 (unless you can deal with the CC).

I'm really shooting for the return of communities like in Mario Kart 7. That allowed for a custom ruleset and those were public so it'd be pretty cool if Smash had something similar that's more fleshed out for the different rules of Smash.

Yeah, although I hope it's really easy to share/join communities. From what I recall, you needed a friend code (ugh) to join/find one in MK7.

I like the classic controller, but hate the "playstation" position of the analog sticks. I wish you could use the D-Pad (I think it's among, if not the best of D-pads) like you can with the wiimote. Maybe someone will make a GC to CC adaptor, if there isn't one already.

Drevin wrote:Yeah, although I hope it's really easy to share/join communities. From what I recall, you needed a friend code (ugh) to join/find one in MK7.
Some of the more public ones you could join immediately because they were on a list but yeah the more private ones required a code. It was a little annoying but you didn't have to wait for another person to add you back and you only had to enter it once so it was essentially like an invite only kind of system. I would prefer if it were names instead of numbers but it was a minor inconvenience especially since I only entered two communities in my MK7 career.