Wind Waker HD!

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
!

I'd get it if I ever wind up with a Wii U.

I dunno, I might get this (when I get a Wii U), but looking at the four screenshots I've seen thus far, I miss the cel-shaded look already. That was the charm of that game for me and imo cel-shaded/stylized graphics don't really age. Look at the Sly Cooper games or, going back moreso, Yoshi's Island. Those still have beautiful visuals, it's games at the time that tried for hyper-realism that look like dick these days.

Wow, that actually looks really pretty. I think it would be an awesome game to play again and I really did like Wind Waker, the only thing that would hold me back from playing it would be the same reason I don't replay re-releases on other consoles; the fact that I just have very limited time and have already finished the game on gamecube, so I'd want to put the time I DO have into games I haven't played/finished. The one game I'd probably make an exception for if it was in HD is Ocarina of Time...because seriously, it's Ocarina of Time.
AC Dasher wrote:I miss the cel-shaded look already. That was the charm of that game for me and imo cel-shaded/stylized graphics don't really age.
I definitely hear ya on that.

I'm a fan of cartoony graphics with realistic lighting, so it looks great to me.

Don't like the style much, but I'm hoping it's early enough in the dev cycle that Nintendo can fix it.

Still gonna buy it.

I am excite.

I'm not 100% sold on the "porcelain-like" graphics, but then again, I wasn't 100% sold on Wind Waker's cel-shading until a few minutes into the game, when I realized how awesome they actually were.

This could be a bad example (maybe seeing the scene in motion with dynamic lighting, it won't look so odd), or maybe Nintendo will tweak it some more. Either way, I really want this. The issue is going to be getting a Wii U...

this is what they've been working on? :gyroid: :stare:

but it's your favorite zelda!@!1

Yeah, I already have it... don't need another unless they give me a promotional OoT remake. I missed out on that preorder bonus when WW originally came out.

also

I'm definitely getting it without question but I do have to wonder how the shadows will look in game. That was one of the things throwing me off with those screens; the shadows seemed almost overpowering when it came to the ones buildings were making. I highly doubt it'll bother me and I'm sure it'll look much more refined when the game releases but that was one of the things that was interesting me.

Buried in today's press release about the new bundle and stuff:
The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.
sold sold sold sold

Has anyone been looking at the newer screenshots lately? Before it looked like it had way too much bloom but I've seen a few screenshots lately and they look gorgeous. Like these just look so good. I can't wait to grab this game. Though it being a few days after Wonderful 101 might make me wait until the physical release.

I was pretty positive they'd get it right. Those were fairly early screenshots.

It does look pretty good.

look at those goddamn tassel physics