The Wonderful 101 (Project P-100)

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
User avatar
Platinum Games' Wii U debut title, The Wonderful 101 has been confirmed as a "launch window" game (it will be released sometime between the Wii U launch and March of next year)

So, this will be my first game for the Wii U. Hopefully it comes out close to launch so I can give you guys more of a review of the game rather than just my impressions at PAX.

Yup, for those who didn't read the thread that's probably right below this one, I attended PAX Prime 2012 and got to play some of The Wonderful 101. The trailers show it off nicely, so what you see is what you're going to get. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzUct7SpdE

If anyone has any questions about the game, such as concerns about controls, etc. let me know!

Anyway, who's going to be buying this game besides me? Anyone pre-ordered a Wii U? (Perhaps there should be a thread on the Wii U info dump that happened today. People can say whether they're planning on buying the Wii U or not and what they think of it)

User avatar


embedded!

It looks fun, but the games are going to be expensive...

User avatar
I need to actually get caught up on all the latest on the Wii U. About the only thing I know is that there's a giant handheld controller with a screen on it. I'm going to be watching this tonight to see if I can get caught up on all the latest.

It's been interesting watching consoles over the last few years since 2006. There's been a lot more focus on improving the products and launching new revisions. Sony had their PS3 original model, then another PS3, then a PS3 slim. Microsoft has the XBOX 360, the next generation XBOX 360 with a slightly different faceplate and added features at the back [HDMI], their Arcade 360, and the new Black 360 with WiFi. Nintendo has had the Wii, and DS, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, 3DS XL. Much different than NES>SNES>N64>Gamecube. It's very interesting to watch these 3 companies, each at such a mature level in their area, and what they each decide to do next.

User avatar
I know it's a launchish game and everything, but it looks like a pretty GameCube game. Use your 2 gigs of RAM guys.

User avatar
link470 wrote:Microsoft has the XBOX 360, the next generation XBOX 360 with a slightly different faceplate and added features at the back [HDMI], their Arcade 360, and the new Black 360 with WiFi.
The 360 slim does have embedded WiFi, and is indeed smaller and lighter than the older ones. (Its power supply is also smaller and lighter.) It does not have faceplates, but comes in matte black for the 4GB model, and glossy black for whatever size HDD model they have these days. I personally prefer the matte to the glossy... thanks MS.

User avatar
Warp2063 wrote:
link470 wrote:Microsoft has the XBOX 360, the next generation XBOX 360 with a slightly different faceplate and added features at the back [HDMI], their Arcade 360, and the new Black 360 with WiFi.
The 360 slim does have embedded WiFi, and is indeed smaller and lighter than the older ones. (Its power supply is also smaller and lighter.) It does not have faceplates, but comes in matte black for the 4GB model, and glossy black for whatever size HDD model they have these days. I personally prefer the matte to the glossy... thanks MS.
Ah, ya by next generation, I totally meant the second revision of their first XBOX, and by different faceplates, I totally meant the optical drive looks different. Shiny silver instead of the straight white which I think was on the first model.

User avatar
The Arcades had the white drive bay, while the Pro models had the silver drive bay. It wasn't a revision.

User avatar
Warp2063 wrote:The Arcades had the white drive bay, while the Pro models had the silver drive bay. It wasn't a revision.
Ah, there ya go! I was always wondering what the white drive bay was. Thanks!
Spending too much time with enterprise hardware...

User avatar
Bumping this thread because a ton of new information has been released about this game. Nintendo did an entire Nintendo Direct just for this game, released an incredible trailer for it, and Platinum Games has been keeping up with a blog to talk about all of the features on it.



I was definitely skeptical when it first was talked about but man it's been shaping up to look like one of the best games coming to Wii U. Anyone else excited about it?

User avatar
I watched someone on youtube playing the first twenty minutes or so of the demo... it may have been the whole demo I don't know. This game looks super fun actually. I may consider getting it. I thought when I saw it at one of them thar Nintendo Directs that it looked super lame, but the game is shapin' up to look like good times; sure the gameplay isn't mindblowing, but I just like having fun and it looks flashy and when you use the powers of each Wonder (don't know their names, I just call them Red Wonder and Green Wonder etc) it looks really smooth, really great like the big ass sword. Yeah I'm going to keep my eye on this thing.

User avatar
Anyone grab this game? I've played for about 3 or so hours, incredibly fun, definitely one of the Wii U's best games yet. It's challenging as hell, really makes you think about the puzzles especially during bosses. It's also hilarious and has tons of humor packed into it.

User avatar
Is there a demo? Are there demos for any game?

User avatar
Warp2063 wrote:Is there a demo? Are there demos for any game?
Yeah, there's definitely a demo. I've been playing it for like the past month.

User avatar
Afrohawk52 wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:Is there a demo? Are there demos for any game?
Yeah, there's definitely a demo. I've been playing it for like the past month.
I'll have to give it a shot when I get my Wii U.

User avatar
So I played and beat this game and it was pretty fucking awesome. Definitely in my top 5 games for this year, maybe even number one. Anyone else get it?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron