Nintendo Wii U Info Thread

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Sonic is pretty fun, it's like Diddy Kong Racing only...a lot better actually. Like the controls are still a bit weird in air and on water but that's what it's supposed to be like. The weapons are balanced MUCH better than they were in the first game, computers are actually pretty competent and will give you a run for your money, stages look fantastic, and the overall feel is very face paced which is what a racing game should be about. I'll be able to give better impressions when I get some online racing.

Anyway, Miiverse impressions incoming. It's...extremely nice actually. The communities are really interesting and fun to look at, especially with all the fun loving artists who draw their own characters and what not. You know how you were totally expecting those things to only show up in Japanese communities? Nope. We've got some talented guys here too.

But aside from that, communities are a good example of networking done right. You can post a question or comment about something and if people are around, they'll comment. You get notifications when people comment or send you messages so you stay in the loop, plenty of people are online so someone will respond, and it's just a nice system. It's essentially a Twitter for your games. You won't write out long messages but you won't really need to.

Overall, it's one great system. I haven't really gotten a good look at it yet but once I play around with it a little more I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more.

Right now, Miiverse is my favourite aspect, I think. It's social gaming done right.

Awesome drawings are plenty, there are lots of cool screenshots being posted and the overall atmosphere is very nice. People are surprisingly nice. I haven't seen a rude comment or picture yet.

Also, the gamepad is strictly awesome. Heck, I'm using it now.

Nintendo is on to something here; let's hope the third-party devs finally get their act together.

I think tomorrow I might actually put some effort into some drawings. I'm so jealous of everyone.

I kind of want a Wii U now. IDK why. I just read a horror story of transferring wiiware/vc games from a wii. And playing a Wii game is apparently a pain because you have to launch the wii software inside a wii u channel...?

Ray wrote:I kind of want a Wii U now. IDK why. I just read a horror story of transferring wiiware/vc games from a wii.
Source?
Ray wrote:And playing a Wii game is apparently a pain because you have to launch the wii software inside a wii u channel...?
That is true, there's a Wii U channel called "Wii Channel" that launches a channel just like the Wii's for VC and Wii games.

Ray wrote:And playing a Wii game is apparently a pain because you have to launch the wii software inside a wii u channel...?
The way I understand it, the WiiU emulates Wii software, using a seperate program.

The fact that it doesn't upscale Wii games makes me not want it as much. That was actually my biggest reason for wanting one, since none of the software really jumps out at me yet. I've watched a side by side video which makes my pretty sure that people who say that it looks better either didn't have component cables or there's some sort of placebo effect on them.

I'd get one if Suda51 games started coming out on it (and not PS3).

Afro, hereś the story http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/h ... iling-wii/

If they announce a smash bros with acceptable online multiplayer, Iḿ sold.

I got one finally! It has some terrible loading and freezing issues (froze 4 times in the same hour) but other than that its awesome!
I got it with Tekken and Nintendo Land and enjoyed am enjoying them a lot..they didn't have sonic though =/
Miiverse is pretty cool too, I like the sense of community it gives. Now all it needs are some better exclusives lol

Did you have to camp out for it?

Nope...I just walked in and bought it lol

In case you guys missed the Nintendo Direct the other day, there was a ton of new information about the Wii U.

- New 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. information confirmed for this year's E3! 3D Mario and Mario Kart will be playable while Smash Bros. will be "screens" (translation: big ass trailer)
- Xenoblade may be getting a sequel! Not entirely sure because I haven't actually played the game but I've heard many things the trailer being thought of as a Xenoblade trailer.
- Wind Waker is getting a Wii U remake in Fall! It will be able to switch between TV and Gamepad and will have updated graphics and "updated functionality" though they don't really elaborate on what will be changed. Fix the triforce parts and you're amazing. They showed off the graphics though and they look fantastic. I'm definitely pick it up. There's already a thread for this :P
- Yoshi is getting a console game in the style of Kirby Epic Yarn! I'm not entirely sure how I feel about more Epic Yarn graphics as they look very similar but after seeing some screenshots where it looked like they added tons more detail I can't wait.
- New Wii U Zelda (not Wind Waker HD) wants to fix two problems, "tackling dungeons in a specific order" and "playing alone". I don't care whether this is Four Swords or not, I would LOVE a game where they finally attack their "specific dungeons" issue, would make replaying it hell out a lot more fun. BUT I HOPE TO GOD THIS IS FOUR SWORDS.
- The Wii U is getting two major updates, one coming in Spring and another in Fall, that should add tons of new features to Miiverse and fix some of the loading issues people were talking about. I didn't really see them but I'll take the update anyway!
- SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM!? HOLY FUCKING AWESOME!

Thoughts gentlemen? I personally can't wait for E3. Smash Bros. info you guys. Finally. If they bring back Smash Bros. Dojo that would be fantastic too.

Afrohawk52 wrote: - New Wii U Zelda (not Wind Waker HD) wants to fix two problems, "tackling dungeons in a specific order" and "playing alone".
Thank God; finally something different. :roll:

Edit: I initially read that as needing to ensure that dungeons are tackled in a specific order, but if they're saying that tackling dungeons in a specific order IS a problem, that might be good (if they are still of varying difficulty.)

Whatever they do, include some regular-ass controls PLEASE NINTENDO

The first big update for Wii U is coming next week. The day after the update also adds Virtual Console to the system. I've already seen Kirby Super Star, Super Mario World, and Kirby's Adventure being announced though I don't know if they will launch with the Virtual Console or if they're going to be available later. I'm hoping the former; I would love to play KSS and SMW on my Wii U pad (even if you could get those on an emulator rather easily)