Nintendo Wii U Info Thread

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
Mostly I just want to play them on an HD screen. Although... depending on how they do things, it could look horrible. I played Wind Waker in Dolphin once, and some parts looked great in 1080P... and others did not.

I just hope they fix the aspect ratio stretch from playing on a widescreen - for ALL of the VC games.

You guys, this thing comes out THIS SUNDAY! Is anyone getting it? I know I am!

Haven't added it to my Christmas list yet! But I guess that's mainly because of the whole back log I've got goin' on. So many games to play still that I'd rather put my Christmas requests/money into a new computer at the moment. I've been rocking my workstation I've had since January 2004 for a long time now lol. Still does everything I need fantastically for work, but really doesn't handle today's games at all.

But this of course means that when I DO decide to go for the Wii U, I'll be ready to play it AND the price will be lower! Maybe.

I wonder if this'll be like the Wii launch and it'll be impossible to find for months...

Right now, the Wii U is maybe a 6.5-7.5 out of 10 on my Want Scale. However, my Reason Scale is placing it at around a 2 or 3, which weights it way down on my Possibility Scale.

At the moment, if it's not something I can afford within the constraints of a single paycheck, then it's not something that's likely to happen. And it definitely doesn't fall within those constraints. And while I want one, I don't have time right now in my college career. Add that to the fact that there are almost no launch window titles that I care about... :/

I'm mostly sure I'll get it eventually. I just can't afford to get one right now (financially or otherwise), and I can't ask for one for Christmas - even if my parents could get me a present that large, they wouldn't because I'm in school, and probably wouldn't even if I weren't.

I'm toying with the idea of bringing my Wii with me to school to tide myself over... or upgrading to the latest version of Dolphin.

Drevin wrote:I wonder if this'll be like the Wii launch and it'll be impossible to find for months...
I don't think it will unless Nintendo decides to engineer it to sell out. Most people I've talked to that don't follow gaming news are confused as to if it's a new system or a peripheral for the Wii.

I think I want another 360 or a 3DS XL more than a Wii U, but this will all change on a dime when Smash Bros comes out next year. Hindsight, my friends, hindsight.

Mine's pre-ordered, still unsure which games I'll grab. Can't wait for MH3U though! :D

I see your beard has improved.

Monkey wrote:I see your beard has improved.
I was just about to post this.

Also I've been hearing pretty good reviews for NSMBU. People are saying it's the same formula but it feels more fresh with tons of new additions. If you're into that series it'd be a good game to pick up.

I'm getting that as well as Scribblenauts. I forgot to reserve that one though so hopefully they have copies when I go.

Reading the early reviews for NSMBWU is gettin' me hyped for that one son! I'm glad the item system is akin to SMB3 again instead of 'oh you suck? Well here's a mushroom mid-way to help ya, son!'.

Monkey wrote:I see your beard has improved.
Thanks! Now I can grow a full beard properly. It isn't very thick, but it's full.

Looking at early reviews, I'll likely grab NSMBU. I have had my eye on ZombiU for a while now, and my girlfriend wants to pick up Assassin's Creed 3. Nintendo Land looks pretty promising, too.

No Pro controller support for a fuckin' launch title?

Ars Technica wrote:One control note: I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't use the Xbox 360-style Wii U Pro Controller to play the game.
Source

Apparently it was taken out because they didn't think people would be playing on it. They also took out the support for the Wii + Nunchuck.

...Yeah I didn't know the Wii + Nunchuck was an option in NSMBW either.

TVii not coming until someday in December. Really the Wii U's best feature right there.

Apparently the Wii U is coming out on Sunday? I still haven't seen a single advertisement for it.