Xenoblade

For all the consoles in Nintendo's vast legacy.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/trailers/index.html

wtf? i've been trained so well to expect such ugly graphics on the wii that i can hardly bring myself to believe these visuals. anyone know anything about this game?

Whoa.

And no.

But whoa!

One of my bosses has been kind of interested. It's not quite from the Xeno(gears/saga) series, but in order to try and get more people excited, they added the Xeno- prefix to it.

Warp2063 wrote:One of my bosses has been kind of interested. It's not quite from the Xeno(gears/saga) series, but in order to try and get more people excited, they added the Xeno- prefix to it.
Saturo Iwata changed the name to honor Tetsuya Takahashi for his hard work on the game. That doesn't mean the NTSC-U version won't be called Monado.
Ray wrote:wtf? i've been trained so well to expect such ugly graphics on the wii that i can hardly bring myself to believe these visuals. anyone know anything about this game?
That's just designers being lazy. I'm surprised that there's no info on this game, yet it comes out in 2 months in Japan...

The two songs that have popped up on the Xenoblade website are amazing...just a few weeks ago, the soundtrack was revealed to be composed by Yoko Shimomura! (Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG, Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga, etc.) I'm a big Yoko fan so I can't wait for this game to come out just for the music alone! XD

There are rumors that Shulk will be in Smash 4, so I thought I'd familiarize myself with this game. Check out some LPs/videos, and it looks pretty fun, particularly the battle system. It's pretty pricy going by eBay though. Did anyone else pick this up back when it came out?

I didn't when it came out, but I did buy it new some time later for normal price. At the time, though, I didn't have access to my Wii - I was just buying it while I could. I tried to play it in Dolphin, but without proper controllers and the fact that I was trying to bump the graphics up to obscene levels, I couldn't really play it. I need a more powerful computer. That game is *pretty* with the graphics turned way up.

A friend of mine loved it, and spent many, many hours on sidequests.

Which reminds me, there are a few Wii and GC games I still need to get.