The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo's latest hybrid console.
looks so good!!

is link a girl??

ALL
OVEr
MY
FACE

Ya this is definitely gonna be a good game, says Link, I like the art direction they took a lot. It kind of seems a bit too bright/painted in the screenshots and trailer, but I think once I actually see it in front of me on a big screen and have control over what I'm seeing, it will make way more sense and look really good. I'm super excited for it and to see it in beautiful 1080p.

The open world concept is interesting. I'm curious if dungeons will still have to be done in order, or maybe not precisely in order, but at least certain dungeons done before others are done so there's somewhat of a sequential story line. Something like Assassin's Creed maybe in terms of travel and doing different objectives? No idea what I'm talking about, just trying to make sense of what their open world concept could mean.

I think it'll be more in line with the first Zelda on NES: you put into a world, given some sort of overarching goal, a sword... and then you just go to it, and explore.

We actually don't even know if that's Link yet. Someone asked the developers about it and they responded with "No one said that was Link". We could be getting a new protagonist guys.

YA BOI

I'm sooo glad they didn't go with the style of that tech demo from last year. Lots of people have brought up "waaa! It doesn't look like the tech demo!" but Devo and Link showed me the video and it looked so dull, aesthetically. Just a super literal HD Twilight Princess, grey and drab; Link looked fine but artistically also boring. This art style looks amazing and wow, that Hyrule field. Link looks a little - what's the word? - androgynous? But what the hey!

i really like the visuals. i'll continue to assume that's "link" too

Drevin wrote:I think it'll be more in line with the first Zelda on NES: you put into a world, given some sort of overarching goal, a sword... and then you just go to it, and explore.
That's the kinds of games I like. We've been through so many slow-to-start adventure games but I like an emphasis on exploration.

Afrohawk52 wrote:We actually don't even know if that's Link yet. Someone asked the developers about it and they responded with "No one said that was Link". We could be getting a new protagonist guys.
Does it matter? It's a new Link half the time anyway. If it's a new character that doesn't wear green and isn't named Link, there's not much of a difference.

Visuals are too washed out for me, but I'll overlook anything visually.

Monkey wrote:Visuals are too washed out for me
That's what I thought too at first, looks more like a painting right now. But as I said earlier, I'll have to see once the game is actually finished and I'm at home playing it on my TV, which I of course will be no matter what.

That didn't really bother me much. I don't imagine it looking that bad on my TV, but they have time to change it. Nintendo always treat their Zelda games with time and care, and - for the most part - I trust them to get the job done. I actually feel, this early in the game, that this could have the potential to be my favourite Zelda game in quite some time.

I remember that the early Wind Waker HD screenshots really bugged me, but they did a good job tuning the graphics by the time the game came out.

Ya I'm not worried by any means. As I said, the art style looks great. I'm absolutely stoked.

link470 wrote:
Monkey wrote:Visuals are too washed out for me
I'll have to see once the game is actually finished and I'm at home playing it on my TV, which I of course will be no matter what.
You may die of old age before you get to it. :P