Nintendo Switch

Nintendo's latest hybrid console.
Ugh. Give me it!!

Warp2063 wrote:Not sure that this goes here because it touches a lot of bases, but...
Hahaha awesome, I saw that this morning in my Subscription feed on YouTube.

Grasshopper posted something about Travis Touchdown returning on the Switch this morning, but I couldn't find anything about it on the linked (Japanese) page. Kinda pumped for that.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fb ... 9785816901

Edit: Found Suda51 talking at about 46min. It's him speaking in Japanese and the same image from the post shows up behind him.

So... I was convinced I wasn't getting one anywhere near launch, because I wasn't willing to fight for it. But when I said that, somebody tossed me a link on Amazon and... well, I guess I preordered one. So that's neat. :)

Warp2063 wrote:But when I said that, somebody tossed me a link on Amazon and... well, I guess I preordered one. So that's neat. :)
Oopsie! Mouse slipped.

I might actually pick one up. I miss Nintendo games.

preordered on bestbuy along with botw. 1-2 switch looks really fun too but come on why isn't it free?

a console meant for everyone should come with some demo software at least

Ray wrote:preordered on bestbuy along with botw. 1-2 switch looks really fun too but come on why isn't it free?

a console meant for everyone should come with some demo software at least
Ya I was kind of surprised to see that this wasn't included. It looked very Wii Sports-ish to me and seemed like something that should be included out of the box to get going. I think Wii Sports was a smart move on the Wii, and ended up being quite popular.

Update: I'm sort of getting a Nintendo Switch at launch. My boyfriend is super jealous that I was able to preorder the Switch and he wasn't, so he's going to buy my launch unit off of me. I'm okay with this because I still get to play Zelda and I won't be out $300. :P

Warp2063 wrote:I'm okay with this because I still get to play Zelda and I won't be out $300. :P
Hey, that works out alright!

We're getting some press previews dropping now, and I'm hearing a few places running into issues with their left joycon. Something about it dropping inputs or desync. Hoping that it's just a software issue, but I think I'm gonna pass on my preorder after all and wait for a second manufacturing batch that hopefully fixes any kinks in the system.

Plus the launch lineup is bone dry besides Zelda (for the core gamer anyway), looks like there will be no VC support at all come launch time. I was kinda hoping they would be moving over at the very least a portion of the Wii U VC library, but that's too much to ask for I guess...

Got to play around a bit with AC's Switch and holy the whole thing is pretty tiny. The screen size is about the same as the Wii U's game pad but I was certain the gamepad's screen was way smaller.

The OS feels so good to use. Good clickfeel on things. The sounds are so satisfying. And the signature Switch snap sound.

The buttons on the Joycons are perfect imo, clicky but just a teeny bit spongy which is exactly what I like.

Sooooo. I really shouldn't have, but I ordered a Switch off of eBay. I haven't had one since selling my launch system to my ex, so I'm excited that I'll finally have one. Hoping it gets here this weekend, though I'll probably be busy. Might have a friend code to add soon!

Warp2063 wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 7:54 pm
Sooooo. I really shouldn't have
Absolutely not. I can't believe you did that.
Warp2063 wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 7:54 pm
but I ordered a Switch off of eBay.
Absolutely 100% a great idea, good for you!!

Got it! Friend Code added in Friend Code thread. :)