Splatoon 2

Nintendo's latest hybrid console.

More inky goodness. The first game was great - solid singleplayer and an addictive online. They nailed the "just one more round" feel with short, rapid matches. It's good to see more kit options - the dodge/roll looks fun to play with. Glad that Rollers aren't so stupid good at spreading ink now, that's nice.

Hoping some of my friends are into this one - I don't think many people I knew had a Wii U outside of you guys here. I played for a while with Afro on the first one. I think if we could get a few more, good candidate for game nights. I'm just hoping the online service Nintendo is offering for the Switch isn't terrible...

I never actually bought the first Splatoon, but enjoyed playing it when I was at your house Devo. I just couldn't see myself really playing it long term. I wonder how much different this one'll end up being. Splatoon was a huge hit though so I'm sure 2 will sell well.

Splatoon 2 direct on 7/6/17!

Pretty pumped for this game. I know a few people in town planning on getting it and I'll bet Afro will be getting it again (looking forward to some grudge matches).

Anyone here planning on picking it up at launch?

I haven't watched too much on this. I have been playing some Splatoon 1 recently, as I had some spare cash and found a Green Inkling Girl Amiibo, so I'm slowly going through the challenge levels, which I'm enjoying quite a bit.

I know the big draw for Splatoon is supposed to be versus mode. Is there supposed to be more single player this time? Because honestly, I love the single player stuff. I'll have to pick up a Switch of my own before I can get the game, though.

Yeah the single player has been fleshed out a lot more this time around. Also there's a cool co-op mode called Salmon Run. It's kinda like a horde mode from other games.

Drevin wrote:
July 7th, 2017, 4:55 pm
Yeah the single player has been fleshed out a lot more this time around. Also there's a cool co-op mode called Salmon Run. It's kinda like a horde mode from other games.
Right. Gotta scrounge up some money for the console and the game, then! :)