Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Nintendo's latest portable console.

Online (or offline) co-op puzzle solving, dungeon crawling action. Looks silly and goofy, but at the right price I might pick it up (provided someone else does here).

I loved Four Swords and enjoyed Four Swords Adventures. I want it.

I'M A TOTEM POLL

AC Dasher wrote:I'M A TOTEM POLL
lol. I'll be getting it just because it's Zelda and I own all of them [with the exception of Four Swords Adventures for the GameCube which I finished in a rental period back in high school].

AC Dasher wrote:I'M A TOTEM POLL
Yes where do I submit my ballot please?

Gotme

wait, I mean that's how Ralph would spell it out... if he.....

DAMN!

I really don't know about this one guys

Ya, I'll be getting it because it's Zelda and I've gotta own all of them. But I'm not overly "wow gotta have that right now" like I am with Zelda Wii U. The main thing I'm wondering about is how the single player game play will work. I don't remember what playing Four Swords Adventures was like, but I'm curious if I'm playing where I need a totem for example [btw I really hope the game doesn't end up streaming "TOTEM TIME!" multiple times across the screen, but I think it might...], and I'm playing solo, if I'm stuck, do the other 2 Link's just hop ontop of each other and wait? Or do they wait for me to instruct them to do something? It could be a really obvious hint if I'm sitting there going "hmm, ok what do I do with this high balloon..." and the 2 Link's are totem'ing it up next to the balloon waiting for me.

Eh. Like I say, I'll get it because it's Zelda.

During the Digital Event they mentioned in single player you'll get your own player-controllable dolls (they're not actually Links or whatever for some reason). I imagine it'd be kinda like Four Swords Adventures where you can form up and move at the same time or something...

I'll definitely buy it if only because I love the hell out of Four Swords so I'm happy to see a revival of the idea. Plus dressing up your Link? Sign me up. I'm a sucker for cosmetics, especially if they change things up.

I never actually played Four Swords because nobody I know including me has the GBA link cable.

F this game

remember what it was like to be a hero? to use your mind and solve puzzles, to figure out which weapon to use and where?

would you like to only have control over 1 weapon and have to coordinate with 2 other idiots to accomplish even the most basic of shit?

every puzzle i saw at e3 & treehouse became a brute force of combination timing. oh so enticing.

if this is the start of nintendo's new "moar spinoffs" strategy, then they're in deeper shit than i thought

Oh wow, that sounds kind of worrying. Have you played any of the Four Swords games Ray? If so, how did the puzzles stack up to those?

I did play 4 Swords and I can't say it was significantly challenging -- but at least it wasn't a gimmick. I liked a lot. My friend and I played and we'd advance once one of us figured out what to do and were able to kill enough baddies to do it. I didn't see a lot of Tri-Force heroes, but what I did see made it seem like the answer was pretty readily apparent and the coordination was the only challenge.

-- On the other hand, that was also the case for New Super Mario Bros. Wii and it was insanely fun to jump off each others heads and screw around (but that was a platformer...)

Not sure why I have such a negative attitude about this game, but I'm just not impressed.

Ray wrote:but what I did see made it seem like the answer was pretty readily apparent and the coordination was the only challenge. [...] Not sure why I have such a negative attitude about this game, but I'm just not impressed.
I know what you mean, especially knowing you liked Oracle of Ages and since I've heard that game is the more puzzle oriented of the two Oracle games [I'll be playing both soon]. Like, the little bit that we've seen does show 3 Link's balancing on their heads popping an incredibly obvious balloon that even has a giant key picture on it... But we're hopefully seeing a very early dungeon and things will get more challenging.