Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Nintendo's latest portable console.
It's on my maybe-to-do list for after I get a job and am able to afford things again.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/11/nint ... -nineties/

Neat. If I didn't already own a 3DS and wasn't planning to get a New 3DS (or New 3DS XL) as close to launch as I can afford...

As the article said, totally reminds me of the transparent GameBoy Color. Neat indeed.

Should've never went out if style. Kids will always like to see the internal components.

I still want the jungle green N64

Monkey wrote:I still want the jungle green N64
Me too.

Monkey wrote:Should've never went out if style. Kids will always like to see the internal components.

I still want the jungle green N64
Same. Was always jealous of my last roommate who had one of them.

I've still got my transparent GameBoy Pocket. Ya'll better recognize:

Drevin wrote:I've still got my transparent GameBoy Pocket.
So do I. It was my first Game Boy. Still works fine, although the serial number label is almost gone (although with a light pen you might be able to scrape meaning out of it) and I had to replace the battery door with an official Nintendo one (albeit without the customer support hotline phone number on it) that I ordered from them when the clip broke.

Love that thing something fierce, although nostalgia isn't quite enough for me to play games on it anymore. These days, the GBA SP is about as far back as I'll go. Need that backlight, screen, and rechargeable battery.

I had a transparent Game Boy (PH)at. It was part of the Play It Loud line of Game Boy (where they had like a 90s radical urban spin and all the ad campaigns had spiky haired arseholes with varied coloured neon hair. Never had a GB Pocket, went right from Phat to GBC with a vaguely transparent purple Color and then GBA........

oh yeah! Digimon or something!

I already had my clear GBP, but my brother got a transparent "Extreme Green" Game Boy Pocket and Pokemon Blue for Christmas 1996. I was pretty jealous, as green is my favorite color. If not for its defective power port and my mom returning it to the store and only being able to replace it with a regular green Game Boy Pocket, it'd be mine today. My brothers have dumped most of their old Game Boy and DS stuff on me.

I did kind of commandeer Pokemon Blue and beat it for him. I'd never played an "Arr Pee Gee" before and was curious, and he was just a little too young to get it at that point. Soon after beating it, my mother made me go out and buy my own copy of Pokemon, so I got Red and convinced her to get us a link cable.

I'm becoming ridiculously tempted to preorder Alpha Sapphire, although I really can't justify/afford it right now. I'm also disappointed - after hearing about the pre-loading thing for SSBWiiU and the remote download initiative in the recent Nintendo Stockholder Meeting Thingers, I figured that I'd be able to do it for Sapphire as well. Not so. If I do a digital preorder, I'll only get a download code at midnight, which I'll then have to enter, only to fight against all the other download traffic.

Guess I was a little too optimistic for something only talked about at that meeting less than a month ago. Hope Nintendo gets on it soon - it'd be nice to be able to do preorders at the eShop, too.

Yeah the PS4 does that with their free monthly PS+ titles, and I think some of the recent AAA games have been doing it. I love it, as soon as the games come out they're ready to play (oh wait there's a day 1 patch too yay...). Nintendo is moving in that direction, but as per usual, in baby steps. Soon...

Whenever I do end up getting this I think it'll be for Sapphire too, only because Team Aqua is the coolest.

Being cooler than Team Magma is like being smarter than a child.

I had a purple transparent GBC, a transparent blue GBA and a transparent original GB that I totally didn't buy only three or four years ago for recording chiptunes. I put an orange backlight in it and replaced the buttons with glow in the dark ones. 8)
Last edited by Monkey on November 13th, 2014, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monkey wrote:Being cooler than Team Magma is like being smarter than a child.
Just have to have more entropy.
Monkey wrote:flour years
Intriguing unit of time. =P
Monkey wrote:I put an orange backlight in it and replaced the buttons with glow in the dark ones. 8)
Pics. PIIIIIIIIICCCCCSSSSS

No AAs at the moment. I've wanted to do chip stuff lately, so they're on my list. I'll post a pic when I can.