A Smart Person's Guide to EVs, IVs, and PKMN Stats

Nintendo's latest portable console.

Image Image

Minimal cycles per egg group. 1 Cycle = 255 steps

Code: Select all

Dragon Magikarp 6 Water 2 Magikarp 6 Bug Caterpie 11 Flying Togetic 11 Fairy Marill 11 Human-Like Croagunk 11 Field Pachirisu 11 Water 1 Marill 11 Mineral Geodude 16 Grass Lotad 16 Monster Bulbasaur 21 Water 3 Tentacool 21 Amorphous Grimer 21 Ditto Ditto 21
I recommend breeding a 5IV male from this list using Destiny Knot and Power Items then breeding that with Destiny Knot with a 2IV natured female of the desired species w/ an Everstone.

Those days are behind me. If I ever want to battle competitively, I'll put up with the whiniest kids on the internet and use a battle simulator.

Maybe I'd do it semi-legitimatly if there were a 3DS emulator with turbo mode and a way to transfer save files

I'll skip IV breeding like always, but this time I'll put some consideration into EVs since it seems so easy.

It's just time consuming. You can do it by sound alone.

I'm gonna do my best to put breeding behind me. Just use the first Pokemon I catch instead of breeding it for best nature and IVs. EVs are pretty easy tho

um... updated

Thanks. I hadn't really looked up the differences (but discovered a couple). Destiny knot and flame body would be helpful. I've only been focusing on two IVs to minimize breeding. I just go by what the potential guy says.
Last edited by Monkey on November 5th, 2013, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4-5 IVs are pretty straightforward, but can take a while if you haven't prayed to the RNG gods enough

Maybe someday I'll get outsped by 1 IV or could've survived a hit if I had a few more HP, but I'm not worrying about it now. Traditionally my first team kind of sucks anyway.

It's those 'what ifs' that force me to create the best mons possible!

30/31 is often worth the same as 31/30 in competitive games set to level 50

bu-bu-bu the 1 point

I'll wait until we can import from the DS games before I get real serious about it. There's a ton of moves that can only be learned in Gen V.

Destiny knot is the shit. Breeding isn't bad at all in this gen.