A Link to the Past 2

Nintendo's latest portable console.
Monkey wrote:How is it laziness? I can't imagine it being any easier to program a modern game that way.
Ya I honestly don't think it's laziness. Probably more towards nostalgia. I bet at least SOMEONE thought "hmm, I wonder if we should have the screens shift or not?" instead of just "lol, k so like we port it and we're done, right? Let's go home."

The only way it would be is if the screen shifting saves memory on large world areas. Then they save themselves from optimizing AND loading screens while hiding behind the guise of nostalgia.

I really don't think it was laziness though. I was mostly joking since I am generally displeased with everything Nintendo does lately (skip the avatar quote).

In top down zelda games, an important element of the game is the player's vision. Spotting a small clue to a secret bonus or puzzle solution has been a great part of the games for a while. And you kind of lose that when you go into a free-roam 3d world. Players have a much broader range of images displayed on their screens and some of them may accomplish main objectives without ever having a chance of seeing the small clue. With discrete map sections and camera views, the developers achieve a quality control that allows more customization and deeper development.

Hy and Lo

Graphics bug me somewhat, but... meh. I'm sure I'll get it. Zelda and Ace Attorney are pretty much my only guaranteed purchases anymore.

Desire to play this game rising...

I just bought this. Should arrive today!

Excellent, did you ever play the first game for SNES? Not that it's required or anything, just curious.

YES. it was first venture into the world of Zelda. The rest is history :)

You're in for a real treat then :)

A good taste of the zelda world! but lacks the depth of its predecessors. Going for fire emblem next!

So just so I know for sure..this IS "A Link Between World's" right? Just want to make sure I somehow didn't miss a Zelda game actually called "A Link To The Past 2".

A Link Between Worlds, yes. It's considered a spiritual successor to A Link to the Past, but some people refer to it as A Link to the Past 2.

Hahaha, oh Scott.

AC Dasher wrote:Hahaha, oh Scott.
I know, I know. Just making sure though cause I went through this topic history quickly and didn't see a single mention of "A Link Between World's", only the topic title of A Link To The Past 2. Had to double check there wasn't a remake released as well (because clearly I'd have to know about it!).

Alright linkus we're gonna get this off the ground next week ala our pact when leaving your car and fumbling to find my keys for three hours. I just want to rush through Yoshi's New Pramland to get to this let me tell ya.