A Link to the Past 2

Nintendo's latest portable console.

Damn guys. This looks pretty great. We're also thinking this will most likely be using the Circle Pad to move because it'll be on the top screen for 3D visuals. Can't wait for Holiday season man!

right in the nostalgia
down with the visual style so far
can't wait to be disappointed
nah it'll be alright at worst.

I really don't know what to think, my hype is a light 8 but I'm a little wary of the controls and 3D aspects (not needed, Reggie's excuse the developers had for that seemed a little limp as LTTP was perfect all around) and the paper ability but I'm no doubt very excited and ready for this series to have a comeback. Though I hope the next games not in Hyrule, it's like they forgot Zeldas don't have to be in Hyrule.

AC Dasher wrote:I really don't know what to think, my hype is a light 8 but I'm a little wary of the controls and 3D aspects (not needed, Reggie's excuse the developers had for that seemed a little limp as LTTP was perfect all around) and the paper ability but I'm no doubt very excited and ready for this series to have a comeback. Though I hope the next games not in Hyrule, it's like they forgot Zeldas don't have to be in Hyrule.
I disagree that LttP was perfect, but it WAS pretty close. I'm not excited for the new 3D appearance - I'd much rather have more of the 2D action. Also, I hate the look of the Paper Link gimmick.

I second the "not in Hyrule" bit.

Regardless, I'm sure I'll end up buying and enjoying it.

well, maybe not perfect per se. But then again no game is. Maybe perfect for a Zelda game? Well regardless, in my opinion, it's one of maybe five games I'd actually give a 10 out of 10 to.

Yeah I don't know about Paper Link; doesn't seem to fit the aesthetics of the game as a whole, but we'll see how it plays into things. I usually like the gimmicks in the Zelda games, except the two DS ones. Never played Skyward, probably never will.

Guess it's time I play the first one. So glad this is a 3DS title not a Wii or Wii U one

Ray wrote:Guess it's time I play the first one.
I played it when they remade it for GBA. It's a solid Zelda game, but I didn't really get all the hype that it has. Maybe I should replay it, I don't remember much beyond the dark world (and it's music) and being turned into a bunny at some point.

Yes! You'll be doing yourself a big favour, mark my words! Take heed to our advice link470! This game is part of your namesake, you MUST PLAY!

(and, yes, I know it's your username because of the character Link, but still......)

The original LttP was fantastic. I wouldn't rate it a 10/10, but it would have a 9 at the very least. 'Course, by the time I was able to play it, I'd since played others that I enjoyed more. It was a VERY compelling adventure - far better than its NES predecessors, especially in the category of "ease of figuring out where to go next."

I can't remember whether I beat it on an emulator first... but I definitely beat the GBA remake. I also picked up the SNES version a few years back, but haven't really spent that much time on my SNES... with the exceptions of playing Gundam Wing Endless Duel and Super Metroid.

The GBA version is a noticeably weaker port (yet oh-so-slightly), but you still get the idea. I never played the SNES version 'til after the remake. It's mostly the music getting drowned out by Link's incessant 'hagh! ha! hup!'s every three seconds. That was when Nintendo liked to make their characters as obnoxious as possible in the remake games (Yoshi's Island GBA).

AC Dasher wrote:Yes! You'll be doing yourself a big favour, mark my words! Take heed to our advice link470! This game is part of your namesake, you MUST PLAY!

(and, yes, I know it's your username because of the character Link, but still......)
Actually, I found A Link to the Past for GBA the other day, and fired it up to see where I was. Apparently I was at the end of the game, and I have no idea how, I don't even remember playing it. But sure enough, the profile was named "Scott", and I was at the base of a long staircase up to "Ganon's" something I'm fairly sure [I'd have to fire it up again]. But I don't know if I ever finished that area or not, or how to tell if I ever finished it or how far I am through the game. Anyone know how to tell if I finished it before? Is there some indicator?

You might have just started in the Dark World... how many hearts you got?

How do you forget playing through one of the best games ever to come out (ever)?

Well, if you're playing the GBA one, there are certain indicators of your progress (for both games) on the save file screen. I don't have mine here to check what they were, though.

Drevin wrote:You might have just started in the Dark World... how many hearts you got?
Just checked, I have 16. When I continue my save file from "saved place" instead of pyramid, I'm just inside the doors to Level 8 / Ganons Tower.