Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Nintendo's latest portable console.
Warp2063 wrote:Nostalgia is demanding I play this. Logic is shaking its head no - it's a huge time drain, and I don't have the time to talk about time... or play games that get too repetitive and boring. Minecraft is repetitive, and I thought I'd get bored of it - but with gaps here and there to restore my juices, I usually think up a new fun design or five to try. It's the intellectual portion of these projects that draws me.
I still feel the same way, except now there's the added demands of "new and shiny, must have!" and "I have no money right now, don't even think about it."

Anyone have Animal Crossing yet? Me and my brother bought it. I think it's the best Animal Crossing since the original.

I bought it with beer money.

Cross dressing confirmed.

10/10

New Twig

Ray wrote:New Twig
hurry up and buy it so we can make Infinity Co

Okay guys, sell me on this game because I've neglected this series since it's inception, but feel I'm missing out whenever I go on twitter and that.

AC Dasher wrote:I've neglected this series since it's inception
I have Wild World and City Folk, neither of which I've played yet. Wait, I played Wild World for a few minutes and started it. Still gotta play through that one, assuming there's even a main story to follow at all with Animal Crossing, or if it's all social. I don't actually know much about the game besides there's a lot of cute characters, a lot of home decorating, and a lot of collecting items. Which don't get me wrong, all sounds great, just don't know much more about the game.

I like catching bugs in other games and collecting in general. I always thought Animal Crossing was Harvest Moon with furries (and despite the tone of that statement, it actually seems like a good thing).

And certain NC members always though the AC in AC Dasher was for 'Animal Crossing' haha

AC Dasher wrote:I always thought Animal Crossing was Harvest Moon with furries
The clock is real time, which makes a huge difference. I get stressed out playing harvest moon trying to farm as much as possible during the short day. Animal crossing is really relaxing.

It's pretty inexplicable.

Oh okay, that is a big plus for someone like me as well.

Yeah I only have owned one HM game in the past but didn't know that when I bought the game; yeah it's very stressful.

Monkey wrote:The clock is real time, which makes a huge difference.
Ah right, I seem to remember that actually. I gotta pop Wild World into my DS and start playing that. Can you "beat" it, or finish a main campaign in any of the Animal Crossing games?
AC Dasher wrote:I only have owned one HM game in the past
So did Beck, he loved Harvest Moon. I'll have to ask him if he ever played Animal Crossing, I bet he'd like it actually.

I always forget you have a DS.... it's been awhile.

link470 wrote: Can you "beat" it, or finish a main campaign in any of the Animal Crossing games?
You can fully expand and pay off your house.

AC Dasher wrote:I always forget you have a DS.... it's been awhile.
Just a DS though! Not a 3DS or anything, still my original.
OT: I finally finished Phantom Hourglass earlier this year.
OT: Also, only you'd care, can't remember if I told you...I was cleaning awhile ago and I realized I had kept the entire time in my DS box case the piece of the hinge that broke off in grade 12 during lunch that one day. I recently repaired it and glued it back on carefully. The hinge is now fixed!