New Super Mario Bros. 2

Nintendo's latest portable console.

The latest Nintendo Direct mentioned local co-op which is cool. I hope it's drop-in/drop-out, but I'm willing to bet it won't. No online stinks.

lol @ Ray's graphic

Did anyone pick this one up? I actually ended up deciding against it...

I'd kind of like to have it, but it's not high enough on my priority list for me to buy it myself right now, especially not with my extremely limited income. I'm considering asking my mom for it for Christmas. Or Layton and the Miracle Mask.

I really enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. I never picked up 2 though.

I never beat New Super Mario Bros. OR New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Never played it on DS and never finished it on Wii. I'm way worse at more likely to rage quit Mario games than I was as a kid.

Monkey wrote:Never played it on DS and never finished it on Wii. I'm way worse at more likely to rage quit Mario games than I was as a kid.
Tru dat. But playing it with friends (or siblings) on the Wii can be pure hijinks.

Playing NSMBWii was infuriating. I don't know whodunnit, but deciding that players should collide with each other in a platformer is the worst idea ever. Even worse than a suicide button.

Drevin wrote:Playing NSMBWii was infuriating. I don't know whodunnit, but deciding that players should collide with each other in a platformer is the worst idea ever. Even worse than a suicide button.
This is true. This is why I rarely played three- or four-player. Too many accidental deaths.

Drevin wrote:Playing NSMBWii was infuriating.
:lol That was the point Devo. They wanted to make sure you could fuck with your friends for whatever stupid reason.

Also didn't get the second one but will probably get New Super Mario Bros. U just because it's a launch title.

With 2 it was alright. I played through that game once solo and twice with a pal. I played 4 player at a party but we were all drunkk anyway, so we were just laughing and not getting anywhere. I didn't know the game had any puzzles as such until the knobs I was playing with were all like 'eh? what do we do here?' 'how'd you know how to do THAT?!'. Good times with NSMBWii, the last 'New' Mario game I will probably buy.