Nintendo 3DS Info Thread

Nintendo's latest portable console.
"Look guys! Burnout on the DS! Awesome!"

Why am I racing a large bar of soap through the cities, again?!

It's not a bar of soap you git, it's a box of kleenex!

Well it handles like a bar of soap and looks like soiled kleenex.

C: "I got Burnout"
D & A: "uhWHAT? Fiiinally!"
C: "ya, for the DS!"
D & A: "ohbarrrff!"

Hooray for zombie thread, but I didn't feel like posting a new topic for this:

Apparently the 3DS has now, in 2 years, surpassed the lifetime sales of the GameCube.

https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/273862086042460161

Warp2063 wrote:Apparently the 3DS has now, in 2 years, surpassed the lifetime sales of the GameCube.
Wait actually?!! I wasn't expecting that at all...I actually thought that with all the previous generations/versions of DS that came out before the 3DS that so many people wouldn't upgrade. Apparently I was wrong!

Still haven't gotten a street pass since PAX EAST.

Not that I carry it around... ...or leave it turned on.

Monkey wrote:Still haven't gotten a street pass since PAX EAST.

Not that I carry it around... ...or leave it turned on.
I carry my 3DS around campus, and although I know that at least one (maybe two) other people own 3DS systems, they don't carry them around or leave the wireless enabled.

I haven't had a Street Pass since by friend living in Boston came home for a few days. Before that, Otakon. I've filled up all my panels by buying pieces with play coins (plenty of walking around campus), but I lack all the purple pieces for the newest two panels.

New information for the 3DS that I didn't feel like needed it's own thread:

Oracle of Seasons and Oracles of Ages launches on the eShop on May 30th. Pretty sweet, can't wait to replay 'em. I'm definitely grabbing both.

There will be a Yoshi's Island 3DS. I like the new graphical style but it can be kind of jarring to look at in comparison to the old style.

Mario Golf 3DS and Mario Party 3DS incoming. Golf has been confirmed to have online play but Party hasn't for some odd reason. I'm really hoping it has online, that'd be so sweet.

If anyone here knows anything about Bravely Default, it's been confirmed for localization in 2014. Looks pretty fun.

Afrohawk52 wrote: Oracle of Seasons and Oracles of Ages launches on the eShop on May 30th.
Finally. I've been waiting for those since we know gameboy games would be in the eShop. I'll replay Oracle of Ages one more time before I can finally play Seasons.

do not like the new YI style. that better be some early beta shit or else imma get mad. going by the video it sounds like it's still a ways off, which means time for improvement.

Will probably get Oracle games sooner or later.

I'm excited for the Oracles as well. Those need a replay. I periodically hum the music from the beginning of one of them... was it Seasons?

I don't know much about Bravely Default, but I've been curious for months.

Yeah as link470 might remember I had the Seasons game and loved it but never really experienced Ages (I played for a bit at a friend's house, but that's it!) so I'll definitely be getting this maybe as soon as it hits the eShop. I'm just debating as to whether to play Seasons before...

AC Dasher wrote:Yeah as link470 might remember I had the Seasons game and loved it but never really experienced Ages (I played for a bit at a friend's house, but that's it!) so I'll definitely be getting this maybe as soon as it hits the eShop. I'm just debating as to whether to play Seasons before...
Are the two games much different in design? It seems like seasons shifting and time shifting would make for fairly significant changes in the games. I still need to play these. Should probably finish Link's Awakening DX too. Only had it since grade 5.

link470 wrote:
AC Dasher wrote:Yeah as link470 might remember I had the Seasons game and loved it but never really experienced Ages (I played for a bit at a friend's house, but that's it!) so I'll definitely be getting this maybe as soon as it hits the eShop. I'm just debating as to whether to play Seasons before...
Are the two games much different in design? It seems like seasons shifting and time shifting would make for fairly significant changes in the games. I still need to play these. Should probably finish Link's Awakening DX too. Only had it since grade 5.
Have you ever finished a Zelda game?

:P