Nintendo 3DS Info Thread

Nintendo's latest portable console.
YEP

Dayum, I was off by about a month!

I saw that a few days ago. I felt a minor pang of envy, shrugged, and the envy was gone.

Tried shrugging, but it didn't work.

Comes down to this - I like my collector's stuff to stay as collector's as possible. Using a Zelda 3DS would put unnecessary wear and tear on the system and put it at risk of damage or theft.

As it is now, I already have a working 3DS (that's totally replaceable with a non-rare identical system in case of damage), and a copy of the game.

Update complete. Checking out the new features. It's a shame that I'm probably one of the only people on campus with a 3DS. I'll have to wait for my next convention to get StreetPasses... And now there're achievements.

Got a Yoshi hat from Find Mii II. Neat. And unlocked a ton of achievements all at once.

I tried making a video. It was extremely laggy and froze up after a minute and two seconds.

I wish I knew more than 1 person in the area that owns a 3DS. StreetPass stuff sounds like fun.

I made a brief video. I'm a tad upset that the main menu is kinda laggy again. I'm not talking just about loading the game icons - it doesn't scroll smoothly anymore.

Apparently now you can add the exact amount to purchase something on the eShop (no more wasted cents). Nice change.

You can save your credit card information if you have the willpower, too.

Also, I had my first random StreetPass encounter! It was some pirate from the Virgin Islands. He liked cats.

Drevin wrote:Also, I had my first random StreetPass encounter! It was some pirate from the Virgin Islands. He liked cats.
and booty.

Hopefully not together.

DEVOOOOOO (and I guess everyone else). You remember the ambassador program right? Well, two things are happening soon! According to this article, 1: The GBA games are coming out this Friday, and 2: If you missed the deadline a while ago, you still might be able to get the games! Get online when you can to check and make sure! I'm not sure how you would find out if you're an ambassador but if there isn't like a specific way to do it online, call up Nintendo so you don't miss out!

Oh, good. Right after finals. =P

Dumb Games Radar Article wrote:Mario Kart Advance is one of the best handheld racers ever made
ಠ_ಠ

Drevin wrote:
Dumb Games Radar Article wrote:Mario Kart Advance is one of the best handheld racers ever made
ಠ_ಠ
6.0 out of 10 from me. Worst of the series.

Out of all the GBA games I ever owned, that was the one I passed onto some other cat the soonest.

Keep in mind, though, there aren't many handheld racers. That are good at least. F1 Race made the grade when I was a kid, but it's not that good.

Also, remember handheld Burnout. Holy lord on croissandwich, that was sooo brutal.