Pokemon Sun & Moon

Nintendo's latest portable console.
Warp2063 wrote:Welp, I had been telling everyone I was probably going to get Pokemon Sun. Then I made the mistake of trying to purchase the game on the eShop while really tired and out of it on pain meds, so I ended up with Moon.
lol. Not sure how I missed this.

A, sorry you had to be on pain meds, hope you're feeling better :/

B, seriously, that's an awesome reason to end up with the wrong one. I was thinking of getting Moon as well actually, still might! I *just* finished Pearl. For the first time. I was so excited after finally finishing Pokemon Sapphire that I decided to play Pearl as well. I was thinking I should find a copy of Black or White, Black 2 or White 2, and X or Y and catch up, but from what I'm hearing, I should probably skip those 3 and just go straight to current gen, which is 8th gen if I'm not mistaken.

X and Y are great if you want to "catch up", but really the stories in each game stand completely alone you don't really need to. There are very subtle nods sometimes, but they haven't pulled something like putting the previous region in the game in a long time. I think X and Y are great ones to start with, but just as well to start with Sun/Moon.

link470 wrote:A, sorry you had to be on pain meds, hope you're feeling better :/
Thanks! I'm mostly okay. I stopped taking the pain meds a few days ago as I don't really need them anymore, but there's still occasional residual discomfort and exhaustion.

I'm really nowhere in the game yet. I've had the game since launch and I'm only at the Trainer's School; basically still in the tutorial of the game. RPGs take a lot of effort. That said, I'm loving the ambiance. This is the most I've felt invested in a Pokemon world for a long time - the music is awesome, the scenery beautiful, the characters fun...I feel a real sense of wanting to live in this world.

I recommend the New 3DS for this game. I had no idea that there were framerate slowdowns until I saw my roommate playing on his original 3DS. (I upgraded a few months ago to the New 3DS and gave my great-condition launch system to my sister to enjoy, along with a few games.) It's far from unplayable on an original 3DS, but it made me sad to see it chug in places.

Warp2063 wrote:I recommend the New 3DS for this game. I had no idea that there were framerate slowdowns until I saw my roommate playing on his original 3DS. (I upgraded a few months ago to the New 3DS and gave my great-condition launch system to my sister to enjoy, along with a few games.) It's far from unplayable on an original 3DS, but it made me sad to see it chug in places.
Ah, that's good to know. Fortunately I have the New 3DS because I bought my first one when Majora's Mask 3DS came out. I may end up picking up this game! Then, if I'm really feeling like playing another Pokemon game down the road, pick up one of the previous generations then. But everything I'm hearing about Sun and Moon is that they're a lot of fun.

This is my Alolan Vulpix. There are many like her, but this one is mine.

Fuck I love Vulpix. Was probably my favourite Pokemon from back in the day. Or Sandshrew. But yeah I just liked foxes all the way back in 99 before everyone liked foxes; that is one awesome Alolan Vulpix Warp

Ya that's actually really sweet. I *almost* caught a Vulpix the other day in Pokemon GO but it ran after one attempt.