Update yoselves

For pretty much anything else.
Last edited by salvamag on December 29th, 2016, 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

double post!

Not much going on here. Working as a shift leader at a deli. Paying off my car (Focus ST!) and saving money. I might go back to school for forestry or something or just buy some land and live out my years there. I'm kinda weird.

Monkey wrote:Not much going on here. Working as a shift leader at a deli. Paying off my car (Focus ST!) and saving money. I might go back to school for forestry or something or just buy some land and live out my years there. I'm kinda weird.
Owning land would be awesome.

salvamag wrote:-engaged
Wow, awesome. Congrats! Engagement pic or it didn't happen.
salvamag wrote:-working as a food scientist
That sounds really cool. What's your day to day work like?
salvamag wrote:
Monkey wrote:or just buy some land and live out my years there.
Heh, a buddy of mine was thinking of just buying some land in a small town, and living off of just the land. Growing all of his own food, solar panel power for everything, internet provided via satellite (or cable/fibre if close enough to town), and just working online somehow or off of investments. Not a bad idea, but I don't know if I could do it myself.

As for me, still working for the school district (which I can't believe will be 10 years this coming June 2017), and consulting for residential and business clients outside of that, which keeps me quite busy. But I'm actually fairly well balanced right now and have been for a couple years, and coming home at the end of the day and relaxing and playing video games feels great.

Had my 10 year grad anniversary from high school this past summer; I say anniversary instead of reunion because I didn't go. I've heard that the 20 year is the one to go to, and that at the 10 year, not a whole lot has changed (jerks are still jerks, etc.).

Still single since dating xamandax back in 06/07. Not really looking, if the right one comes along, great. But otherwise, I'm content and happy.

link470 wrote:
salvamag wrote:-engaged
Wow, awesome. Congrats! Engagement pic or it didn't happen.

No engagement pics ;b
That sounds really cool. What's your day to day work like?

I make dressings and beverages. Depends on the day. I could be writing a specification, reformulating a dressing/beverage, formulating a new beverage, etc.
salvamag wrote:
Monkey wrote:or just buy some land and live out my years there.
Heh, a buddy of mine was thinking of just buying some land in a small town, and living off of just the land. Growing all of his own food, solar panel power for everything, internet provided via satellite (or cable/fibre if close enough to town), and just working online somehow or off of investments. Not a bad idea, but I don't know if I could do it myself.

As for me, still working for the school district (which I can't believe will be 10 years this coming June 2017), and consulting for residential and business clients outside of that, which keeps me quite busy. But I'm actually fairly well balanced right now and have been for a couple years, and coming home at the end of the day and relaxing and playing video games feels great.

Had my 10 year grad anniversary from high school this past summer; I say anniversary instead of reunion because I didn't go. I've heard that the 20 year is the one to go to, and that at the 10 year, not a whole lot has changed (jerks are still jerks, etc.).

Still single since dating xamandax back in 06/07. Not really looking, if the right one comes along, great. But otherwise, I'm content and happy.
That's awesome. I''m glad to hear things are stable for you. And who goes to school reunions these days? We got fb!

I totally forgot amanda, man. Women will always come to you :p

I went to my 5 yr high school reunion last year right around this time. It ended up being one of those things where i REALLY didn't want to go, but the minute I got there I was happy my friends made me go.

Anyway:

- When I was really active on this board (high school/early college), I used to play as many new releases as I possibly could, while shrinking an ever expanding back catalog. At a certain point I shifted to just spending all my time playing the same game. For many years it was TF2, now i play a bunch of Hearthstone. I always want to break out of this cycle and play new games again, but can't for some reason. Add me: CosmicM#1108

- I think VR is the only way forward, it's like the N64 and drugs all rolled into one.

- gainfully employed. I hated my job for awhile at first, but now I quite enjoy it, so will def ride this out until I get sad again. I write about computer viruses (in English) for a large multinational bank that chances are at least one of you is a customer of.

- I still use nintendosheep as my only account, people look at me funny when I tell them my email address.

- no gf.

- I really miss all of you (but have a funny way of showing it sometimes).

Not too much going on here. Finally got my (novice) driver's license last year - which means I can drive by myself - can't believe I survived so long without it! Graduated from university back in 2012 in Computer Science. Been working at a company downtown doing web development work for about 4 years now. Hard to believe it's already been 4 years there, time flies. We've expanded a lot since I started - just four of us at the time. Now we're somewhere around 15-20? Pretty cool to see the company grow.

Still game regularly, although I don't play as much as I used to - usually just sneak in an hour or two here and there. It makes playing through some games take forever, but I still love it! Lately I've been playing a lot of Overwatch and Hearthstone (Armitage#1801, add me!) - dipping into Heroes of the Storm now and then for quests. Backlog-wise, doing good - slow and steady. Hoping to finish Legacy of the Void before the year ends - and maybe Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag?!

Our school reunion didn't even happen if I remember right - last minute something fell through and I don't think that many people even signed up for it... well I guess there's always the 15 or 20 year, right?
salvamag wrote:-wana make EDM music when i grow up (finish school)
!

Sounds awesome man, have you got anything you've been working on yet that you want to share? How about some of your favorite artists?
Dude have you been responsible for any cool beverages? I'll try your creations
Cosmic M wrote: now i play a bunch of Hearthstone. I always want to break out of this cycle and play new games again, but can't for some reason. Add me: CosmicM#1108
Dude!! Welcome back, good to see you! Have you been enjoying the latest expansion? My favorite deck so far has gotta be Dragon Priest or Reno Mage. I tossed you an invite on B.net too. We missed you too! :)

But Dev0, are you married yet?

I went to my five year reunion (which was actually pretty cool) but skipped the tenth. They merged both high schools into a single reunion and there was a mandatory donation required for admission at a time when I was completely broke.

Video games... I dabble. Besides playing Final Fantasy XIV on and off, I mostly do puzzle games (Pokemon Picross, Picross 3D: Stage 2, Sudoku...) I've tried FFXV on my roommate's PS4 and I'm enjoying it, but most stuff that requires any kind of sustained effort just falls by the wayside. I really want to get through Pokemon Moon, though.

Let's see... did a few more years of college in Virginia. Got a boyfriend. Moved out west to the Seattle area in August 2015. Got a job at a very small ISP (I'm one of three, maybe three and a half employees.) Got a new boyfriend. Contemplating whether or not to move back east to live with him. Got promoted to Security Dispatch Commander at a convention I volunteer at.

My hair's a lot longer than this, now, and I had the stylist put in highlights. I just like this pic. Also, I miss the sun. The Seattle rainy season can be a draaaagggg.

Devo - Added. Oh yes indeed. I love playing Anduin but he was really weak in both modes before these latest cards came out. They gave him a ton of help in this expansion. When I read the new cards list, I drafted an Anduin arena deck and hit 10 wins. Still looking for that 12 win run, I've gotten 11 2-3 times.

Warp - I had no clue you were (are) a girl. Not that it matters in the least, just the mental image I've always had of you was, well, male. Pardon me. Also charging people for a reunion is beyond whack, unless maybe it earns you free unlimited drinks.

Haven't played Sun/Moon and surely won't, but I hear positive reports from those involved.

Devo what's the name of your kids?

salvamag wrote:And who goes to school reunions these days? We got fb!
lol believe it or not, I still don't have Facebook. Never have. I've got Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and that's basically it for my main ones.
Cosmic M wrote:while shrinking an ever expanding back catalog.
This is what I'm working on right now! Check out the Gaming Goals for 2015 and Gaming Goals for 2016 threads.
Cosmic M wrote:For many years it was TF2, now i play a bunch of Hearthstone.
Nice, Hearthstone is a regular for me too. Devo and I opened a bunch of packs recently, on the launch of the new Gadgetzan expansion, check it out here!

I never got into TF2 (was never against it for any reason, just somehow never played it even though I've always owned it as part of Orange Box). If you like TF2 though, do you play Overwatch? That game looks and feels great to play.
Cosmic M wrote:I always want to break out of this cycle and play new games again, but can't for some reason.
Sounds almost like what Ray experienced.
Cosmic M wrote:I think VR is the only way forward, it's like the N64 and drugs all rolled into one.
lol
Cosmic M wrote:I write about computer viruses (in English) for a large multinational bank that chances are at least one of you is a customer of.
That sounds sweet! What's involved in that? By "In English", do you mean almost like training material for internet security and how to stay safe for bank staff?
Cosmic M wrote:I really miss all of you (but have a funny way of showing it sometimes).
We missed you too man!
Cosmic M wrote:Haven't played Sun/Moon and surely won't, but I hear positive reports from those involved.
I *just* finished Sapphire (GBA, not Alpha...) and Pearl this past year...
Warp2063 wrote:They merged both high schools into a single reunion and there was a mandatory donation required for admission at a time when I was completely broke.
Wow really?! That must have been a turnoff for some people attending.
Warp2063 wrote:Got a job at a very small ISP (I'm one of three, maybe three and a half employees.)
Oh wow! That's cool. Internet *connection* providing? How do you find handling competition with only being 3 employees? What sets you guys apart?

link470 wrote:
I never got into TF2 (was never against it for any reason, just somehow never played it even though I've always owned it as part of Orange Box). If you like TF2 though, do you play Overwatch? That game looks and feels great to play.
I like Overwatch a lot. I don't think I can ever love it the same way I love team fortress, but that's a personal reasons thing. At the end of the day I enjoy it because class-based has been my favorite flavor of shooter for a while now. I'm not active on Overwatch because I don't have Windows right now.
link470 wrote: That sounds sweet! What's involved in that? By "In English", do you mean almost like training material for internet security and how to stay safe for bank staff?
You can think of it that way. What I mean is, the average person working at a bank doesn't even know what an IP address is (just as I don't really know basic banking terms), so my comms need to be written in as plain English as humanly possible.
link470 wrote: I *just* finished Sapphire (GBA, not Alpha...) and Pearl this past year...
The last pokemon I played was Pearl, (not including Fire Red + Soul Silver, those are remakes)

salvamag wrote:But Dev0, are you married yet?

link470 wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:Got a job at a very small ISP (I'm one of three, maybe three and a half employees.)
Oh wow! That's cool. Internet *connection* providing? How do you find handling competition with only being 3 employees? What sets you guys apart?
We provide residential internet to certain studios and apartment buildings in Seattle and Portland, and we're constantly expanding. We're less expensive and try to be friendlier and more personal than the big providers in our areas. We offer simple pay as you go plans - no contracts, no purchasing or renting modems or routers - you just connect to the WiFi network in place, pick a plan, and go. Some buildings just pay for a certain level of service for all of their tenants, instead. It's not a perfect system, but it meets the needs of most of our users.