Happy 10 years NC!

For pretty much anything else.
Today marks the 10th year since we made NC all the way back on InvisionFree Power Boards. I'm sure you all remember that!

It's crazy to think it's been 10 years already... we really watched each other grow up and that's pretty special.

I'll always remember when I decided to close NC after activity declined. The emails I received from you guys asking to keep the site up... that kept me going! That's when I realized it doesn't matter how active the site was - just having it around and open is all we needed.

Then we launched the phpBB version and well... I think you know how the rest went!

Here's to another 10 years guys :D

Wow, 10 years. A LOT has happened in 10 years, we've all grown up with each other.

I think what makes the 2006 start that much more special is that it's the year Drevin, AC Dasher, and I all graduated from high school. NC carried through that life transitional time, through University, through work co-ops, and career starts. I still enjoy looking through old threads from high school.

This website started on a standalone Pentium 2 running in my bedroom on a residential internet connection in grade 12 with either a 20 or 40GB hard drive and either 192MB or 384MB of RAM, and using a Microsoft Access database. Then it went to an IBM Netfinity 5000, where we had TWO Pentium 3's, clocked at a blazing 500MHz, 1.5GB of RAM, and 5x9GB hard drives in RAID 5. After that, a few more iterations of server configurations went by over the years, and eventually landed at where we are now.

Lookin' forward to another 10 years as well!

I remember recruiting/spamming nc out on NSider like some kind of drug dealer selling friend codes. There really was a cool cluster of communities around Nintendo back then. No idea what it's like now, but I'm glad for it all.

I've moved from ohio to massachusetts to california and now I actually hang out with XcHero IRL. It's funny to say that we met playing Mario Kart DS online. I've also met Link470, Drevin, and even Monkey a few years back.

Here's to 10 more! :smbmario:

It's been great, guys. Ten years internet time is like 100 IRL years. I've never admitted to this, but there was a time when I was unhappily being homeschooled and you were my best friends in the world.

I still sometimes look back at how awkward I was at that first PAX East, Ray. XC texting you asking for pics of Warp and struggling to play Brawl on a Wiimote with you were the highlights of that trip for me.

I might be doing some traveling this summer. Maybe I'll see some of you guys.

Cheers you guys! This is the one community I keep coming back to and even if I don't get to play with you guys (wink) much or at all, I'll always remember Mario Kart DS and playing Moo Moo Farm four or five times in a row because Afro let slip he didn't like playing Moo Moo ("FUCKIN MOO MOOS!!"). I'm a very bad man in that I never got in on chat and that, but I always enjoyed coming here, reading what you guys had to say and unwinding. Big ups to all you guys, I think I made some purchases based off recommends here and I remember enjoying being in a secret santa or two; hopefully no matter where life takes us we'll all keep in touch in ten years too!

Oh man... Moo Moo Farm!! I remember that. Chilling in your parents basement playing MKDS. I felt bad for torturing Afro but I couldn't resist.

I remember too we made a sort of serious Metroid Prime Hunters tournament. I recall that it was myself and AC vs Ray (aka Uber Player or Impune Killer or something) and someone else, can't remember Ray's partner.

AC Dasher wrote:hopefully no matter where life takes us we'll all keep in touch in ten years too!
Better believe it, and it'll all be on NC!

link470 wrote:
AC Dasher wrote:hopefully no matter where life takes us we'll all keep in touch in ten years too!
Better believe it, and it'll all be on NC!
We'll be right back after these short messages from our commercial sponsors..

I still love coming to this place. The memories are fond and the friendships good. Good times, everyone. Good times.