Things You've cooked

For pretty much anything else.
Monkey wrote:
colesepic wrote:I can cook instant Ramen, does that count?
Pics??? Ramen ain't too bad if you toss the seasoning packet and season it yourself.

Protip: if you're ever without a way to cook, you don't even need to cook that stuff, just soak it in water (or beer or whatever) for a while.
I'll send the hot and steamy noods (kek) in a bit at school right now

colesepic wrote:I'll send the hot and steamy noods (kek) in a bit
I see what you did there.

You know what I've actually been eating a lot of lately as a snack? No cooking required on these bad boys, but man, I love Dole Peach fruit cups. My mom brought some over and I tried one and since then, I can't stop eating them. They're so good. The secret is to pop them in the fridge though. They can be stored in the cupboard, and that's like, meh, whateves. But eat them cold right out of the fridge and they're so good.

The mandarin orange ones are my fave.

from costco

http://www.moreys.com/product/seasoned- ... an-salmon/

from costco.

only slightly cheaper than eating out, but delicious and healthy

I used to work at a fish counter and I'd buy salmon for $3.99/lb on the nights we'd throw it out. I miss that perk.

Not sure if I've posted it in this thread, but I would make a grapefruit reduction glaze for it.

Monkey wrote:
February 28th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Not sure if I've posted it in this thread, but I would make a grapefruit reduction glaze for it.

That sounds delicious. I love salmon and I love grapefruit. If I understand your earlier explanation of reduction correctly, that would mean you'd squeeze out a bunch of grapefruit juice into a pan, and then simmer it and end up with like, a thicker grapefruity substance? #CookingPro

Does pickling count as cooking? Probably not, but I tried it out over the weekend. Came out pretty good for a first try.

My brine was a 1:1 ratio of water:vinegar, and for each cup I added a tablespoon of salt. Dumped in some chopped garlic and peppercorn. Next batch needs more garlic for sure, but my cucumbers came out tasting like pickles.

Next ima try some fancier vegetables like cauliflower.

Drevin wrote:
February 28th, 2017, 6:22 pm
Next ima try some fancier vegetables like cauliflower.

I love pickled cauliflower so much...
link470 wrote: If I understand your earlier explanation of reduction correctly, that would mean you'd squeeze out a bunch of grapefruit juice into a pan, and then simmer it and end up with like, a thicker grapefruity substance? #CookingPro
Yeah, keep stirring it so it doesn't burn, too. I usually add a bit of sugar and if I were to do it today, I add some fresh ginger as well.

Alright, someone's gotta do a video tutorial on something they're making one of these nights, this all sounds so good.

The pickling has begun...

Cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli and green beans

Was the pickling liquid cold? It all looks so fresh still and it's so clear. I bet it's delicious.

Looks like that 5th one to the far right is a combo?

The pickling liquid started off piping hot as I boiled the mixture first, then it cooled to room temperature.

Yep 5th one is a combo of leftovers that didn't fit in the other jars.

I've cooked quite a few burgers already this year and I'm zoning in on the perfect sear/medium rare inside. I'm very much looking forward to the day where I have the space for a charcoal grill (with a cast iron grate) and a smoker.

Also, smoked bacon, smoked cheddar, barbacue sauce and pickled jalapeños makes the best cheeseburger.

Sounds great except for the medium rare ground beef. I think it's largely an American thing but I'd never eat a (beef) burger that wasn't well-done.