For pretty much anything else.
^
that

this album will likely be going nonstop for the next 2 weeks

edit: shit new page, I mean this:

Getting (back) into folk punk.

Lol editing this post is a fun time

I edit this all time

Edit: I just remembered that I edit this post a lot and specifically sought it out just to add this. im covering this song for a compilation
Last edited by Monkey on April 28th, 2017, 9:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

not sure if I posted this already

Li'l bit of the new Daft Punk, li'l bit of the new Queens of the Stone Age. And the first six Queens records.

LC is kinda like KC's ToaPP, in the sense that the two sides have different styles. Side A feels more "classic" QotSA but side b sounds more exploratory to me. Keep Your Eyes Peeled, in familiar QotSA style is a fantastic opener. If I Had a Tail is a real standout track for me right now

Yeah for sure Side B is generally slower and has a lot of multi-layered, 'exploratory' as you say, tracks. Track 6 is my favourite right out of the gate (well, out of 4 listens). I love the opener, as usual. If I Had a Tail is so far my least favourite haha. But I still like it.

This is kind of cool. Gameboy and heavily distorted guitar.

http://portopak.bandcamp.com/album/reasonably-priced-ep

phew, let's dust off this thread.

Linkin Park's new album just dropped today, and it's quite good if I say so myself... here's one of my favorites out of the gate (watch out!! Helmet bias!!):

I admit I know next to nothing about Lana Del Rey, but her latest album is some great stuff. Getting some slowcore vibes and a tinge of shoegaze/dreampop. Is the rest of her stuff like this? Liking it...

Yeah the new LP and Lana albums leaked the same day and - along with new Death Grips - that's all I've been listening to for the past week and a bit. I really like Del Rey's newest, it's a tad top-heavy but Cruel World and West Coast are two of my favourite tracks of the year. There's some Dummy-era Portishead vibes on some of the tunes too; though there are no trip-hop songs per se they have a nice nod to the genre here and there.

New Death Grips - Niggas on the Moon is probably my favourite so far and it's just part one of the album. It's not quite as intense as Exmilitary or Money Store, but I personally love the Bjork vocal samples on the tracks and I know I'm a terrible fan for liking this more than their 'seminal' works but they always had two or three songs I hated on prior records.

And finally, new LP is a nice change of pace as I felt Living Things sounded anything but alive for the most part. They've injected a heavier edge to their proceedings and made things as angry as Hybrid Theory, but more mature perhaps. I'm with ya, D Train, the Page Hamilton tune is an early favourite for me as well but I think my most favourite song is Mark the Graves. The only bum track is Until It's Gone which is boring (and, coincidentally, the radio single atm).

I definitely hear the Dummy leanings. Which in of itself is high praise.

They had the LP album streaming on iTunes over the weekend, which was pretty much on all the time.

For reals:

lean on by major lazer is so catchy

Oh, hey guys. I know you've all been waiting for a poke-conscious skapunk band. Pokemon Liberation Army.

Maybe you prefer your pokepunk a little more folksy.