Music You've Been Jamming Lately

For pretty much anything else.
link470 wrote:
AC Dasher wrote:
link470 wrote:I've been listening to Eve 6's Horrorscope album over the last couple weeks. Still really good!
That was good one, as was the follow up (Out of Your Head, I think?); whatever happened to those guys?
Good question! I don't have It's All In Your Head...I'll pick that one up! As for where they went, looks like next month we'll find out!
Ya, you should. I'm sure you've heard at least "Think Twice"; it was a hit back in the day.

Lol, nice name for a first single.[ edit: second single] [another edit: hatin' wikipedia]

Horrorscope and AIYH have pretty cool album covers; better than a lot of the records coming out these days ('cept Neighborhoods by Blink, that was slick looking).

What's with all the bands coming back from the dead this and last year? Guess all these old blokes gotta feed their babies. But, hey, I'm liking it. At the Drive-In (no new music, though... dang), Eve 6, Treble Charger, Blink, Sparta, lots more.

I'll remember the guy's name this time.. oh, it's in the image now, thanks! Anyway, this is Zoo Kid's new moniker / new(ish) material. I'm sure he's cooking something else up now, but I'm digging this stuff, maybe now as much as that Zoo Kid single from page 1 / We Fucking Love Music and another EP I found a day later which featured the A side and B side from the single. King K Rool.. erm, "Krule" is not as quite as visceral until the third track Portrait in Black and Blue and most impressive is The Noose of Jah City (even the name is awesome). Anymore it's more bluewave with emotionally charged speaking/almost singing and it works wonders.
Last edited by AC Dasher on April 16th, 2012, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lol wflm

snowing

snowballing

A$AP Rocky needs to release instrumentals. i love Clams.

I've never been into Burial, or dubstep in genre, though I can recognize (son!) that he's the top of his class. So I'd never write him off like I would Skrillex (that's kind of pop dubstep, innit?) or others.

I am really digging his collaboration with Four Tet called Nova. Little late to the punch, but it's a good cut. It's funny it'd take Four Tet to tune my ears into Burial's stuff because I never was huge into the Tet.

But Nova is sick.

http://hypem.com/track/1jh0t/Burial+%2B+Four+Tet+-+Nova

AC Dasher wrote:I've never been into Burial, or dubstep in genre, though I can recognize (son!) that he's the top of his class.
of course. his self titled LP and Untrue are both critically acclaimed. dude influenced radiohead, for gosh sakes.
So I'd never write him off like I would Skrillex (that's kind of pop dubstep, innit?) or others.
brostep and dubstep are two different things.

Puxel wrote:
AC Dasher wrote:I've never been into Burial, or dubstep in genre, though I can recognize (son!) that he's the top of his class.
of course. his self titled LP and Untrue are both critically acclaimed. dude influenced radiohead, for gosh sakes.
So I'd never write him off like I would Skrillex (that's kind of pop dubstep, innit?) or others.
brostep and dubstep are two different things.
Hm, sorta liked Radiohead before the dubstep junk. Not very memorable. I think bands should maybe avoid that sound, leave it to the dubstep artists. That was the first Radiohead album I chose not to buy..

Brostep is not a real genre, is it? In 20 years when music sites are writing about music from the prior 100 years, that won't be mentioned. I like that video.

I think Devo was explaining this to me, yeah, I don't mind dubstep, but I'd never really buy an album of dubstep.

AC Dasher wrote: Hm, sorta liked Radiohead before the dubstep junk. Not very memorable. I think bands should maybe avoid that sound, leave it to the dubstep artists. That was the first Radiohead album I chose not to buy..
Yes, that was a horrible direction for Radiohead.
Brostep is not a real genre, is it? In 20 years when music sites are writing about music from the prior 100 years, that won't be mentioned. I like that video.
If you're going to compare Borgore to Actress 20 years from now, someone is going to correct you. Although, the terminology might be different and maybe less of a pun.

Hang on, the only Radiohead album I really know is OK Computer, which did they take a dubstep direction in? In Rainbows or the new one?

New one, The King of Limbs. Just slightly, and there are a few good tracks, but it couldn't warrant a purchase from me. Which is a huge letdown for Radiohead.

And you must check out Kid A and In Rainbows, M.

It's been Centipede Hz for the last 2 weeks plus! Enjoying the fuck out of it and fucking the enjoy out of it (no surely not!).

Wanted to hear this song today for some reason. Now you can too

m b v a l l w e e k
GO!

(whole discog, though)