Books you have read lately?

For pretty much anything else.
Anyone have suggestions on what to read? I'm reading For Whom the Bell Tolls now.

Just about to read Business Stripped Bare by Richard Branson [the guy who started all the Virgin companies and how he grew from having Virgin records, to having well over 300 Virgin companies]. Really looking forward to it.

The most recent novels I read were the Crossroads Trilogy, I think. Since then, I've read the second Ace Attorney Case Files graphic novel and re-read the entire Scott Pilgrim graphic novel series.

If by books, you mean comics, I've been reading Transmetropolitan, Spider-Man Noir, and Scott Pilgrim.

I finished the Hitchhiker trilogy recently. And if it counts, a bunch of DnD 4 rulebooks.

J-Man wrote:I finished the Hitchhiker trilogy recently.
By that do you mean all seven books in the trilogy?

Seven? I thought there were six...

*virtually runs off to Google*

This Wikipedia page says you're right. I didn't know there was a spin-off of sorts with Zaphod. Anyway, I only read the first five. My friend ordered the sixth one not too long ago. Kinda looking forward to it; I hope it picks up where the 3rd one left off. I thought numbers 4 and 5 were... bland, compared to the rest of the series.

I liked the fifth one; I think I was the only one. I agree with the fourth being bland. I never read the spin off or the new one by Not Douglas Adams.

I'm reading East of Eden right now (well not right this moment); can't believe I hadn't read this before. I bought The Rum Diary but probably won't start on it for a week or so.

I read the first 4. I didn't really like the fourth one and was told to stay away from the other ones. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is another awesome Douglas Adams book that I suddenly want to read again.

Heard lots of good things about Haruki Murakami, thought I'd dive right in.

Devo wrote:Image
Heard lots of good things about Haruki Murakami, thought I'd dive right in.
Good stuff.

I am currently reading:

I've finished Norwegian Wood, now I'm moving onto "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle."

And thanks for the recommendation XC, the clerk at the book store said I should check it out as well, so I think I'll get that next.

I bought this this book on a whim a while back. It's pretty much Groundhog Day with mechs. It's cool because the author is a programmer and you can see a programmer's mentality when describing "the loop" and different "flags" that will trigger different events. In fact, there's even a flowchart for sll the chapters after the table of contents that I'm going back and following now.

I also bought the Dead Space novel today. I didn't know that one exsisted, but the cover is really cool.

Finished the Chronicle. The next book I'm reading was one a character was reading in Norwegian Wood. Having never read it myself, I thought I'd check it out.

Puxel wrote:If by books, you mean comics, I've been reading Transmetropolitan, Spider-Man Noir, and Scott Pilgrim.
I recently read the Spiderman Noir series "Eyes without a face." Great comic, I've got the 1st set of comics on order at my local comic book shop.

I stopped reading Magic Mountain for now since one of my favorite authors recently published another book...

Also reading: