Things You've cooked

For pretty much anything else.
It's a fraction of Americans, really. I'll cook them medium to well done if I'm cooking for a group. I'm not really picky when it comes to burgers, I just have a slight preference for the rare side.

Steak on the other hand, I'll eat almost raw. All the juice that comes out when done more well is just goodness exciting the steak.

I made soft pretzels last night. I used Alton Brown's recipe and substituted beer for water. I could use a bit more practice shaping them, but they were tasty.

Made a Key Like Cheesecake. It doesn't even look like a child made it.

Monkey wrote:
June 29th, 2017, 7:27 pm
Made a Key Like Cheesecake. It doesn't even look like a child made it.
Wow that looks delicious, but I wouldn't exactly say it's "key" like, I mean it doesn't even look like a ke-.....wait he totally meant lime...

Aw, dude your right.

What about his right?

His right to point out my spelling mistakes.

I've triple checked this one!

I'm actually so tempted to make a pie in the shape of a key now...

I made zucchini bread. It was my first attempt. It tastes right, but after all was said and done, didn't fully cook in certain spots and was a bit crumbly elsewhere. I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong.

Does zucchini bread have chocolate chips?

link470 wrote:
July 4th, 2017, 7:32 pm
Does zucchini bread have chocolate chips?
Mine didn't - I think it's plenty sweet without chocolate. However, I don't see why you couldn't add some.

That's the beauty of cooking.

Decided to try making some teriyaki chicken last night - all from scratch. One of the tastiest meals I've cooked for myself in a long time.

Rough recipe:
1) Make your teriyaki sauce. The recipe I used went something like:
* 1/2 cup of soy sauce
* 1/2 cup of mirin
* A tablespoon or two of sugar
* 1/4 cup of rice vinegar (recipe called for sake but I don't have any)
* A generous amount of green onion/scallion stalks

* Put it all in a saucepan and bring it up to a high heat. Once it starts boiling - bring it back down to a simmer so it's just bubbling a bit. Stir occasionally and let it reduce - this is so you get a nice sauce consistency and the ingredients meld together. 30 mins or so
2) Cook your chicken. This is largely up to you but I went with chopped chicken thighs. Popped it onto the frying pan with a bit of oil and let the fats do the work. You'll get a nice fry easy
3) Chicken is done. Now toss in some random veg into the pan. I went with the bottom ends of green onion and orange pepper. It'll get some nice flavors from the chicken oils in the pan.
4) By now your teriyaki should be done. Use a basting brush to spread the sauce onto the chicken. Just dip it into the saucepan and get a good amount on it. Go ham
5) Eat it idiot

My salad there was romaine, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Dressing was custom made with some sweet oils my parents got me for Christmas.