Games of the (last) Decade

For the rest of the gaming world.
So this is a week late topic, goodbye 2010's. I haven't been around in a long long time, but I think the best way to catch back up with you all is to share my favorite games during the span of 2010 thru 2019. I've seen a lot of "what was your favorite game of the decade??". Just one game to pick from after all these years? That is way too limiting! I'm coming in full power with a 5x5 chart because there were so many good titles that really shaped my tastes over the years. Here's mine, what about your top games?

Ooo, this is awesome! Now I actually really want to make one of those grids for myself... I'm gonna think about this over the next few days and make something!

A whole decade... hmm. It's a lot to think about. Final Fantasy XI Online would probably be on there for me, more than XIV. Link Between Worlds. I did really enjoy Breath of the Wild. I'll have to think about it more.

link470 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:00 pm
Ooo, this is awesome! Now I actually really want to make one of those grids for myself... I'm gonna think about this over the next few days and make something!
I'm having trouble finding the template again, mine was just a sloppy copy n paste on Paint 3D!

I never got to experience FFXI, I got sucked into WoW first. After that I've been resubbing to XIV on and off for the last couple years and I have had a blast (minus some dungeon queue anxiety with random players). The expansion that released this summer had some of the best writing I've ever seen in Final Fantasy.

I'm several years behind, minus a select few recent games that I've played, but I started a grid and I'm 50% done.

Dylan wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 11:18 am
I never got to experience FFXI, I got sucked into WoW first. After that I've been resubbing to XIV on and off for the last couple years and I have had a blast (minus some dungeon queue anxiety with random players). The expansion that released this summer had some of the best writing I've ever seen in Final Fantasy.
WoW was the first non-free MMO I played, back in early 2005. I lost interest after I had to leave for a few months and couldn't find my friends or guild when I tried to return. FFXI I got into instead when I tried FFXIV's original incarnation... and it sucked. Made some great friends there, some of whom I still say hi to from time to time. I haven't been able to get into FFXIV as much because it doesn't feel the same to me, and I don't have the time that I had a decade ago to play.