Gaming Goals for 2018

For the rest of the gaming world.
Aww yeah, it's time! It's Gaming Goals for 2018 o'clock. I've completed the previous 3 years of games on my list successfully by the end of the year, and this year, I've been thinking for a little while now about what I'm going to put onto the list. There's 3 rather large games that I want to complete, and I think I'm going to include two of them (Zelda and Assassin's Creed) and drop Skyrim for next year (I bought Skyrim on the Steam sale because I loved playing Oblivion this past year). I just don't want to have too many large games in one year that will take a lot of time for completion. Then, I'll mix a few other smaller games into the mix.

Alright...here goes!

Games I'd like to finish by the end of 2018:

PC
Diablo 1 [Completed March 2018]
Bastion [Completed February 2018]
Transistor [Completed February 2018]
To The Moon [Completed February 2018]
•Poly Bridge

Xbox One
•Assassin's Creed: Origins

Nintendo Switch
•The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
•Super Mario Odyssey

Nintendo 64
Banjo Kazooie [Completed March 2018]
•Donkey Kong 64

PC
Beat PUBG
Maybe play some Civ VI
Maybe play some For Honor
Maybe some indie games

Switch
Buy and play another Switch game

Board Games
Beat Pandemic Legacy Season 2

• Set up a music/game room this summer
  • Get my PC up and running
  • Beat Majora’s Mask (THIS IS THE YEAR)
I’m getting back into games this year. I’ll edit the list throughout the year.

Ray wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 2:06 pm
Beat PUBG
Wait, that game can be "beat"?! I was gonna buy it on Steam this Christmas but it didn't go on sale (probably cause it only just officially released).
Monkey wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 2:13 pm
[*]Beat Majora’s Mask (THIS IS THE YEAR)[/list]
Dude, nice! For which system? Have you never actually finished it before on any system?

link470 wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 2:38 pm
Monkey wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 2:13 pm
[*]Beat Majora’s Mask (THIS IS THE YEAR)[/list]
Dude, nice! For which system? Have you never actually finished it before on any system?
Nope, it used to freeze on N64 (in hindsight I should’ve tried cleaning the contacts) and the GameCube version was even worse, so I’d always end up frustrated after losing hours of gameplay due to the way saving worked.

I got the farthest I’ve gotten on an emulator a few years back but forgot to back up the save before reformatting or something.

I have it for 3DS, but I’m not great with the circle pad and some parts are tough. I might daisychain some adaptores and play it emulated with a n64>gc>usb controller. That or just power through the 3DS version.

It’s by far my favorite game that I’ve never beaten.

link470 wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 2:38 pm
Ray wrote:
Beat PUBG
Wait, that game can be "beat"?! I was gonna buy it on Steam this Christmas but it didn't go on sale (probably cause it only just officially released).
That's right, it can't be beat. Guess I'll have to keep playing until that changes...

BTW I don't think it'll go on sale for a long time. It's already at a modest $30 price. But come on, would you really play? with me?!?!????

Didn't get through my 2017 list but that's okay! I was definitely ambitious putting so many long games on there - and also attempting to keep up with new releases. I'm going to dial the game purchases back in 2018, and keep busy with my existing list and the newcomers I got from Christmas. It's a goal of mine to try to mimic what I did in 2016 - only buy one or two must-haves and leave the rest for later. It'll be tough because it looks like there will be a ton of great games released this year but I've got a lot on my plate already!

Nintendo Switch
• Splatoon 2 (Single Player) added 07/21/2017
• Super Mario Odyssey (Beat) added 10/27/2017
• Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (beat and work toward 100%) added 12/17/2017
Axiom Verge added 12/25/2017, completed 4/10/18

PS4
• Rise of the Tomb Raider added 12/25/2016
• Danganronpa V3 added 12/25/2017

Vita
Steins;gate added 12/25/2017, completed 3/22/18

PS3
• Persona 4 Arena Ultimax added 09/16/2016

Ray wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 9:59 pm
BTW I don't think it'll go on sale for a long time. It's already at a modest $30 price. But come on, would you really play? with me?!?!????
You know what, ya I’ll get it. Just got a Steam gift card today for my birthday so not only do I still have my credit from before, I now have more (I’m very cost efficient with my spending and only buy select titles during sales). I’ll buy it tonight.

:gyroid: :gyroid: :gyroid: :gyroid: :gyroid:

But I can't play yet because my finger is still healing. Maybe 1-2 weeks?

Ray wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 1:03 pm

RAY MAND, we have a slight problem. Went to get PUBG last night as I mentioned I would, and the ratings for it are “Mixed”, with a ton of negative reviews complaining about one of 2 things; “Fix your f***ing game” and “Chinese hackers”. What are your thoughts on this, and should I still get it at this point, or wait? *holds up mic to Ray*

Ray wrote:
Board Games
Do tell. I just got what I believe to be the original for Christmas. I've played it before, but I've never beaten it.

Warp2063 wrote:
Ray wrote:
Board Games
Do tell. I just got what I believe to be the original for Christmas. I've played it before, but I've never beaten it.
I think it's pretty fun! My roommates and I play once in a while (since there are 5 of us in the house, we can usually assemble a team of 3 or 4 pretty easily). We had some competing ideas on strategy that may have hurt us though, lol. I wanted to max our character abilities, but they believed we were better offer going with other perks. We've lost 3 rounds now, including the entire month of March I think haha. Still, I really like the cooperative nature. At the beginning, we choose our characters, but ultimately the character you play just means you get to be the tie breaker for any arguments on that character's turn.

We beat Pandemic Legacy 1 a year and a half ago or so. We didn't get a very high score... If Legacy 2 is anything like it, we're probably screwed :lol

link470 wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 1:24 pm
Ray wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 1:03 pm

RAY MAND, we have a slight problem. Went to get PUBG last night as I mentioned I would, and the ratings for it are “Mixed”, with a ton of negative reviews complaining about one of 2 things; “Fix your f***ing game” and “Chinese hackers”. What are your thoughts on this, and should I still get it at this point, or wait? *holds up mic to Ray*
xc
ray
devo
roommate 1
roommate 2
xc's roommate

Plus a story:

Sport and I were playing duos one day and we like to have our characters wear the exact same outfit. Same skin, same hair, same clothes. We always do this. We landed on the top of a mountain and another team of two caught us off guard. They had more weapons and better position. Basically we were fucked.

They take Sport down (DBNO (down but not out)) and now I have to face both of them -- and I don't have any gun at all. No gun. NO GUN!! How am I supposed to kill two armed men with no gun?

Sport has a gun though. And If I can sneak over to him without them knowing, maybe I can catch them off-guard. Let's see how it plays out from Sport's POV:

PUBG is buggy, yes. Unfair sometimes too. But it's exhilarating to play battle royale / hunger games with your squad. And Scott, we have a squad already, and you'd fit right in. There are like 2-3 other ppl who sometimes play with us but they're not as fun imo (don't tell them I said that). We regularly have LOL moments in this game and there's nothing like a chicken dinner.

Witness this epic finish of ours

Scott, the reason NOT to get PUBG isn't the reviews or the price. It's the awareness that you might stop playing other games because you can't help yourself. Some fun clips here too: https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/

Ray wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 1:25 pm
We beat Pandemic Legacy 1 a year and a half ago or so. We didn't get a very high score... If Legacy 2 is anything like it, we're probably screwed :lol:
Hmm, Legacy must be different than what I have. There's just winning and losing, no points. And it's very easy to lose, even starting in Introductory difficulty.

Ohhhhh Legacy is much different. It's pretty cool. It takes the basic concepts from the other Pandemic games (there are a handful of versions) and puts you in a 12-"month" campaign in which your choices play out in an irreversible way (examples: destroy this card after using it, put this sticker on the board, open this new box and use what's inside).

We had played other versions of pandemic a couple times and were able to beat it enough to get bored of it. Some of the harder difficulties are just ridiculous though, it's like you MUST get lucky to beat it

*Sigh* Well written Ray. Purchased!