Gaming Goals for 2016

For the rest of the gaming world.
I'm currently playing a little bit of Final Fantasy XV, some Pokemon Moon, and Pokemon Picross still. There are only five stages left in alt-world until I've completed all of those, and I'm making sure to complete each challenge for each puzzle before taking on the next so that I don't forget any. After that, there are a few final medals to earn and I'll have them all! I would be *shocked* if I'm not done with it in the next week or two.

I'm in no hurry to finish anything else by the end of the year.

I'm almost done - it's gonna be close if I can finish everything this year. Currently working on the StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void campaign in hard mode - and man it's tough. Hoping to at least get this one done before the year ends! If I do, I'll start Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

I guess I'll make a goal now that it's December. I'll beat the Elite Four in Omega Ruby by the end of the year.

I completed Pokemon Picross yesterday. I'm sad that it's over, but now it means that I'm not splitting my puzzle time between it and Picross 3D: Stage 2.

Working on Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Feels a lot like it felt last year at around this time when I was completing Assassin's Creed Unity. Syndicate is going well and I'm on schedule to finish it before the end of the year.

Replaying Spirit Tracks for the heck of it. Discovered that the 3DS will use the microphone on your earphones if you have one, which is unfortunate when you're blowing on the 3DS and wondering why it won't respond.

Warp2063 wrote:Replaying Spirit Tracks for the heck of it. Discovered that the 3DS will use the microphone on your earphones if you have one, which is unfortunate when you're blowing on the 3DS and wondering why it won't respond.
Doesn't the 3DS have a mic?! Also, I actually quite liked Spirit Tracks except catching some of those rabbits was annoying, some of them were tough!

The overworld train music is still one of my favorite video game tracks ever.

link470 wrote:Doesn't the 3DS have a mic?!
Yes, but if you have earbuds like mine with a microphone on the cord, the 3DS uses the microphone from the headset and disables the onboard mic. It took me a few sessions to figure that out. With the earbuds plugged in, sometimes the game would register me blowing (enough noise was picked up by my headset mic while I was mistakenly blowing on the 3DS itself), and sometimes it wouldn't.
link470 wrote:The overworld train music is still one of my favorite video game tracks ever.
I adore some of the music in that game. Downloaded some fan-compiled album of the music some years ago because at the time, I couldn't find an official one.

Finally just finished obtaining all items in Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I had 100% sync and all achievements last week, but didn't want to stop playing until I had obtained every item for both main characters.

That's it for my list this year! I completed everything I wanted to. I've got some ideas for next year already, but I'm quite happy with the progress I've made with my backlog. I've completed nearly every game I own now.

I'm on the last game of my list now - Black Flag. Sequence 5 of I think 12, so nearly half-way. I'm focusing on just the story to try and get through it on time.

Black Flag is done! That wraps up my 2016 list just in time.

For an Assassin's Creed game, Black Flag is pretty solid. I was positive I was going to hate the ship parts of the game based on what I played in 3 a year or two back - but actually it's a ton of fun and flows super well. They really nailed the controls on it. There's a good balance of naval and land-based missions to keep things interesting. The game started off very similar to 3 which had my eyes rolling from the get-go, but thankfully things play out much differently.

It also helps when the protagonist is likable - Connor was just pretty flat overall, but Edward strikes me as a swashbuckling balance of Ezio and Altair - much better character.

I'd have to rank the Assassin's Creed games as follows:

1) ACII
2) AC: Brotherhood
3) ACIV: Black Flag
4) Assassin's Creed
5) ACIII
6) AC: Revelations