Best Way to Spend $5 on Steam?

For the rest of the gaming world.
I just recently got a Steam account and found out that I can't trade items or add friends until I spend a minimum of $5 in the Steam Store.

So, NC, what are the best games to buy on Steam?

If you aren't in a rush, wait for the Christmas sale.

That's true, the Steam Winter Sale should be happening around December 18th or 19th, and usually goes on till the end of December. Games are heavily discounted then. I've got a few I'm waiting to buy! I want to get Unreal Tournament 3 if it's a good price, and also want to get the new Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

What games should I snag during the winter sale?
So far I only play Team Fortress 2

Oh, I almost forgot to mention I'll be picking up Banished on Steam as well, most likely. I saw a playthrough from Day9 playing it last year and it looks like a lot of fun. You build up a civilization and create a community and fulfill needs of citizens and stuff. Check out the playthrough here and see if it's something you might be interested in. Seems like it could be a fairly relaxing game.

The winter sale is on now!

There are plenty of great games for under $10, but if you specifically wanted to spend just $5, this category should do the trick.

A few great games on that list:
- Dishonored
- Half Life 2
- Bastion
- Portal 1 or 2 (you don't really need to play the first to get anything out of the sequel)
- Borderlands 2 (first game is kinda meh, skip to the sequel)
- The Secret of Monkey Island series
- Tomb Raider
- Transistor

Anyone up for playing some Borderlands 2 for Christmas? /hijack

Edit: PC's acting up. I can't even boot it. I guess I'm out :(.
Last edited by Monkey on December 26th, 2015, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

i'll play something but i won't play that

Fair enough.

no disrespect, just don't have it. i'm more interested in getting other new games too. helldivers looks really good http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/394510/

I'm planning on picking up:
•RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe (includes RCT 1 and both expansions) - $2.59
•RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill (includes RCT 2 and both expansions) - $4.39
•Banished - $5.49
•Unreal Tournament 3 Black - $5.49

I actually own RCT 1 and 2, but for the last 5 years I haven't been able to find my RCT 1 discs and my RCT 2 game disc (I have both expansions but no idea where the game disc is). So I figure hey, if they're this cheap, I might as well re-buy them. They're fantastic games. I might even buy RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Collection which includes 1, 2, and 3 and all expansions, just so it's easier to one-click install them down the road ($12.59).

I currently have RCT 3 and both expansions installed from disc, but not updated. I remember if you ran the updates for the games and updated all the way, there was a really annoying bug after you patched that caused clicking on any info item for a structure to lock up the game for ~10 seconds. So I'm hesitant to run the game from Steam just in case they never patched it past that.