Gaming Goals for 2015

For the rest of the gaming world.
no progress on the goals...

but i did play like 30 hours of civ v in the past few months! and i've been playing a ton of sm4sh

Drevin wrote:Hey any progress is good progress man :)
yeah at least I beat (off) Super Mario 3D World - my new fav Mario game outside of Yoshi's Island which isn't a Mario game. Now to be working on DKC Tropical Freeze and Zelda games (I got like four to play and finish)!

AC Dasher wrote:Now to be working on DKC Tropical Freeze and Zelda games (I got like four to play and finish)!
DKC Tropical Freeze wasn't originally on my list but I may add it...you Me and Drevin should work on it at the same time. I haven't started, and I think Drevin's about half way through if I remember right. How far are you?

link470 wrote:... you Me and Drevin should work on it at the same time.
Fool me once...

I've already started, I'm around halfway done World 4 now.

Ray wrote:i did play like 30 hours of civ v in the past few months
Are you Sense, then? I've seen that name playing a lot of Civ V.

Drevin wrote:
link470 wrote:... you Me and Drevin should work on it at the same time.
Fool me once...

I've already started, I'm around halfway done World 4 now.
link470 wrote:and I think Drevin's about half way through if I remember right.

I was referring to the whole "let's play it at the same time" thing and we never end up doing it :P

Drevin wrote:I was referring to the whole "let's play it at the same time" thing and we never end up doing it :P
Ah ya I hear ya. It's gonna happen at some point, I know it!

Warp2063 wrote:
Ray wrote:i did play like 30 hours of civ v in the past few months
Are you Sense, then? I've seen that name playing a lot of Civ V.
YUP. That's me alright.

link470 wrote:
AC Dasher wrote:Now to be working on DKC Tropical Freeze and Zelda games (I got like four to play and finish)!
DKC Tropical Freeze wasn't originally on my list but I may add it...you Me and Drevin should work on it at the same time. I haven't started, and I think Drevin's about half way through if I remember right. How far are you?
Only a couple worlds in. It's a real nice game, fluid, great animations, but damn it kicks my ass. I don't like the level design quite as much as Returns but hey 2D DK is never bad.

Man after looking at my list I haven't accomplished much of anything! Tropical Freeze sounds super nice right about now, I think I may get back into it to see if I can't beat Hard mode soon.

AC Dasher wrote:
link470 wrote:
Only a couple worlds in. It's a real nice game, fluid, great animations, but damn it kicks my ass. I don't like the level design quite as much as Returns but hey 2D DK is never bad.
Holy crap, I consider myself a DK vet and this game does not pull any punches. It's a good kind of difficulty though. You never feel like the game cheated you, it's always due to yourself.

Yeah that's why I like Spelunky so much, I have only myself to blame. Anyway hopefully I'll play some Tropical Freeze today.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [ beaten 04/21/2015 ]
Another challenging game. DKCTF nails the difficulty perfectly. As mentioned before, every failure feels like it's 100% the fault of the player. The controls are spot on and frankly should be the model for any platformer going forward. There are various control schemes to suit practically any player. My only minor gripe was that the buttons for each scheme were not customizable -- but the default options are fine. Going from the first level to the last is fairly short experience, but in typical DKC fashion the meat of the game comes from replaying levels and grabbing all the collectables. If that's not really your thing then you've still got a solid platformer that should scratch the itch. Visually the game is amazing to look at... I mean just look at this:

The soundtrack is all aces as well -- composed by the same guy behind the first games - David Wise. It provides a fitting background - intense enough that it energizes you, but not overbearing that it comes the star of the show.

Whether your looking for a small chunk of platformer goodness, or the whole nine yards - can't go wrong with Tropical Freeze.

Damn haven't seen that level yet - watch it be world like 2 or 3 or some level I passed by off the beaten path. Glad you liked it so much Devo, really inspiring me to play some this weak (sic). Though Mario Kart DLC will distract me in the same way that Mewtwo did in Smash last week.