Sonic 4 Ep.1 Dated: Oct 11

For the rest of the gaming world.
DiMPS? Nice. Sonic advance and Rush were pretty cool, so I guess you could say this game just won a few points.

And that "leaked" footage looks okay. The physics need a bit of work; momentum is screwed up, and we all know that Sonic pretty much depends on that. And correct the acceleration, too. It goes from really slow to really fast too soon.

I read somewhere that sega said that the physics have already been fixed.

fixed since the video afro just posted? because that makes it look absolutely stupid

I can't remember where I read it, but I think they said that the video was from an early alpha build.

That is an early Alpha build. I mean, look at it. Do you ever remember Sonic games allowing you to go to the Special Stage right off the bat? I don't.

well hopefully they changed a lot because I'm finding it hard to appreciate that video

"Sonic 4 Episode I is being developed by Sonic Team in cooperation with Dimps." - SEGA representative

awesome...

delayed + confirmed for apple appstore

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/05/20/th ... ally-here/

new trailer

I see much work has been done on the animation and overall feeling of speed. Keep it up, people.

release dates are retarded

15$ across the board

Oct 07 iOS
Oct 11 Wii
Oct 12 PSN
Oct 13 XBLA

iOS first? Weird

I think they're releasing iOS first so impatient people will pay twice...

Too much monies for me though. It'll have to be pretty damn good for $15 per episode. I'll try the demo out, but I probably won't shell out unless I hear overwhelmingly positive things.

Hmm... I'll wait for PS3.

15$ does seem a tad much, but comparing to other Sonic titles when they were released, it seems fair enough. I'll get on it day one regardless.

When other Sonic games were released, they weren't trying to be like two decade old games, nor were the episodic. You'd be paying as much as a full retail game after 4 episodes.

I guess it depends on how long the episodes are. If they're as long as a genesis game, I'll be OK with it. If it's obvious that they split up Sonic 4 into episodes solely to make more money, not so much.