Sonic 4 Ep.1 Dated: Oct 11

For the rest of the gaming world.
Remember this from September?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216991.html

Well, here's a thread about it! Watch the video in the gamespot link; it's about all the info available now (as far as I know). Looks promising! And I haven't said that about a Sonic game since Sonic Heroes (and I was very, very wrong).

I'm still curious, but that's about it. Despite my intent to, I haven't picked up a newer Sonic game for years. The most recent release that I own that isn't a remake of an older one is Sonic Adventure on my Dreamcast.

Oh, wait. I forgot about Sonic Rush. And Sonic Advance 1 and 2.

Okay, besides those.

I've just decided to be pleasently suprised if another good Sonic game ever comes out.

I've been trying my hardest not to get excited for this.

How many times now have we heard "this is it, this is Sonic's return-to-forme?" I'm remaining skeptical.

That image up there is lame. Link looked way better in the other thread of his only concept art of the game.

Obligatory:

another mystery solved by the man in the yellow dress! (awesome, i hadn't seen that before)

Sega is giving news from their blog.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/01/12/pr ... own-day-2/

As promised, today we’ve removed our first two names from the list! Say goodbye to Charmy Bee and Chip, both of whom will not be making an appearance in Project Needlemouse!
thank goodness

I predict that all characters will be rejected since "sonic's shitty friends" is usually involved in complaints of recent Sonic games. Getting rid of them will create hype and prove make it look like that Sega's listening to the fans.

That's wishful thinking.

I would allow Shadow, Amy, and possibly Tikal. Big the Cat would be a stretch but could be made up for.

Big's probably going to get crossed out, if only because they mentioned Froggy as a separate character. That's kind of a copout really. I actually think a lot of those characters are going to be crossed out except Sonic and "Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse", since Knuckles and Tails aren't on the list but Sonic is. I mean those are kind of important characters to not include, but if you're going to put Sonic on there, then you must have a trick up your sleeve.

I REALLY hope they don't end up crossing out Sonic though, since they decided to put him on that list.

Monkey's Official Prediction: Well, that's definitely Sonic on the Logo. When I said everyone will be crossed out, I meant everyone except Sonic. It's centered so it'll look good after everyone else is crossed out. I'll make a bet on this.

Monkey's speculation (not part of prediction or potential bet): Sonic fans will be excited, then Sega will pull a Sega and introduce a new shitty character that wasn't in the list. (That's just my pessimist self, not part of the potential bet).

Tales and Knuckles will be in it. That's why they aren't on the list(see my prediction).

Edited for clarity and again to add this sentance.
Last edited by Monkey on January 13th, 2010, 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I still prefer Tails.

Get rid of Sonics new friend Mr. Needlemouse. Nobody wants another damn critter fucking around!!

I thought Needlemouse was an old codename for when the Sonic games were still in development? It must be a joke...