Post your "Top 10 of all time"

For the rest of the gaming world.
Warp2063 wrote:Power Stone.
QFMFT. That was a great game. It's a shame they never made a sequel to Power Stone 2.
Cambio wrote:regardless, of what you think, Ive been having fun with it. more possibilities than Melee, and final Smashes arent always the finishing touch.
I've heard that. Some Final Smashes are just bigger attacks, others can K.O. instantly. Which is why some say Mario's been underpowered.

Ray wrote:Updated.
I'm not changing my sig.

Afrohawk52 wrote:
Ray wrote:Updated.
I'm not changing my sig.
I still don't get your sig.

Putting a good game in your top 10 isn't really funny, even is later games in the series suck terribly.

Also, I need to squeeze Star Fox 64 into mine somewhere.

I don't get it at all to be honest. Sonic Adventure 2 was the last Sonic game that passed my inspection, not counting Sonic Rush. Tails and Eggman levels weren't a joy, but the Sonic/Shadow levels afterward were rewarding enough, especially the later levels. Treasure hunting sucked no matter how you look at it.

Ray wrote:I guess you guys are ready for a real list.

10. Animal Crossing: Wild World
9. Portal
8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
7. Banjo-Tooie
6. TimeSplitters 2
5. Halo 2
4. Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I used to think that a game's value could be determined based on solely how much time the player decided to devote to the game. A better game obviously is more fun to play and you want to play it more. Then I encountered Portal, the shortest game on my entire list. I chose not to put The Orange Box on purpose since the other games were decent but it was Portal that deserved the limelight. You may be asking WTF WHERE IS MARIO WHERE IS OOT and if you are, the answer is that they made the top 20 but this list is for the best of the best. I'm no retrotard and I know what I like. These 10 games are the most fun and definitely the most memorable in my gaming career.
ROUND 2

Best new games to add:
Halo 3
The multiplayer is some of the best ever. The game had already been out for a few months last time I made my list, but I played the game for years. Online matchmaking is NOT something to take for granted, and I think the since the game's fall from popularity really proves that. Group theater mode for reviewing online matches? Holy shit, that's never been done before and hasn't been done since. All those sticky grenades. All those memories. Halo 2 may have had dual wielding, but Halo 3 made up for it with the best online gameplay, incredible mp maps, and standout Halo-ness.

Metal Gear Solid 1-4
This is my only cheat item on the list. Well, Also the Smash Bros. simplification. MGS is an incredible story. The gameplay is epic and the characters are actually cool. All you get these days is satire. Nobody with the guts to really go for it can seem to get it right. I don't know how to describe these games aside from saying that playing all four in a row over just a couple weeks was one of the best gaming experiences of all time. I'm so glad I avoided spoilers for the game (and even for 5 which I've yet to play) so well.

Fallout 3
I don't think I need to explain this. Probably Fallout 4 might be more enjoyable, I don't know. New Vegas was a mess and kinda felt old after really loving 3. Exploring the world, doing crazy shit, sure you can do it in other RPGs as well, but this is the one that I really liked. Fallout 4 apparently makes all your allies invincible and dumbs down the speech options. The in game dialogue is one of the greatest things about the franchise!

Civ V
This game is made great by a steam community called NQ. I've got a thousand hours in this game and I can't get enough of ruling the world. Maybe this says more about me than the game, but it's really well-put-together. The DLC Brave New World and Gods and Kings take the game to new levels. It's really fun to manage the balance between your nation and 5 others in a world of competitive empires. Every game is different. Just don't play against the PC, that's boring as fuck.

Sm4sh
When I play Smash on Wii U, I easily forget that Brawl ever happened. Even if online sucks for both, it's still really fun. The characters are great and even though they ruined Falco, he's still one of my favorite characters. This is the first smash where I've seriously tried to improve my skills with other characters. You should see my Villager :gyroid:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super fun tactics games. I love tactics games. Haven't beaten it though. The class system is decent, though not as good as FFTA (below). Love the animations, Lucina is badass, gameplay is pretty satisfying.

Super Mario Maker
This is the first console game I've purchased in about 350 days. Last one was Smash bros when I got my Wii U last year on black friday. I'm really happy with it. I've made a few courses and if you have the game, I hope you'll play them and the new ones I'm coming up with. I've always wanted a mapmaker like this and now I've got it!

Alien Swarm
Friggin' sweet free game. Top down shooter against aliens. 4 Player coop, free on steam. The characters are simple but awesome. The weapons system is fun. I love playing this game with new and old players -- but I need to play on high difficulty or it gets too easy. Player-created campaigns are really awesome too. I've only played a few but I'm down for more. Devo XC and I used to do speedruns in this game, the only game I've ever done speedruns in (I think) and those were spectacular.

Pokemon XY
I think this is the best pokemon game. It's the only one where I got into the competitive battling scene. Parasect was made into a champion! I'm using this game to represent the other pkmn games too.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance -- Did I forget this in '08?
This is just an old favorite of mine, but probably not top 10 worthy. The class system worked nicely. You can switch to any primary job without restriction, then upgrade to a level 2 class. You could pick and choose special "abilities" from any class you played once you earned them. I worked my characters through the assassin class so they could all strike twice and also another class that let you counter really well. Pretty good game, I recommend to anyone who likes tactics games.

I think that's it. So let's see how they fit in:

10. Alien Swarm
9. Time Splitters 2
8. Pokemon XY
7. Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
6. Fallout 3
5. Sid Meier's Civilization V
4. Metal Gear Solid 1-4
3. Halo 3
2. Super Smash Bros. Wii U
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

That's the list! A little rushed since I made this post in one sitting, but this is what I'm going with for now. Hope I didn't forget anything. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle still rules :lol :lol

Nice list, Ray. And good thoughts too. I'm going to revamp my list. I can't believe I haven't played your levels yet in Maker but next time on my Wii U I'mma play them. Also can't believe I said Okami in my list. I ended up giving up on that game, I think Okami ended up being style over substance instead of Muramasa/ Mirror's Edge/ Vib Ribbon that are style and substance.

Oh man, I forgot Mirror's Edge! Not top 10 for me, but definitely honorable mention. Super fun. Don't worry about playing the SMM levels I have out now, they are pretty amateur (some are by my roommates too). New ones will be better!

I'm looking forward to the Mirror's Edge prequel(? l I guess it is) next year.. in May